Which Driver to use?

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
I am using a Dell XPS 15 with a Nvidia GT 525M.The Nvidia Driver installed on my system is version 265.94. After this version Nvidia has released 2 driver updates(the latest version being 275.33) but on the support page of my laptop on the dell website the driver available is the one installed on my system. So can I download and install the latest driver from the nvidia website?

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yes you can. But I'd say better to dependent on manufacturer's website in case of laptop. Though there is no risk of using the original one.

abhidev

Human Spambot
do one thing......download a software called drivereasy....it will search for the appropriate drivers required in your system......

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
do one thing......download a software called drivereasy....it will search for the appropriate drivers required in your system......

I have a licensed copy of Driver Genius Professional? Will it suffice? Is drivereasy better?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just use the one from nVidia's website. No problems at all.

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Just use the one from nVidia's website. No problems at all.

But the Nvidia web page also says that if the driver is not approved by the OEM then Dell or Nvidia won't have any responsibility if something goes wrong.:x:x

abhidev

Human Spambot
ya nothing will happen to your h/w if the driver doesn't work....just go for it or else use the driver software to find it for u.....

sakumar79

Technomancer
If you are not facing any issues with the current driver and if the new updates dont have any security issues fixed, I would suggest that you dont install the update until you get it automatically from your OEM...

Arun

Top Bottom