Which company's Blank DVD is best ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Looks like this thread has gone bonkers.
How bout a new thread mods? where we post our Burn graphs using Nero Info tool or Kprobe. We need to have some standards like price : performance for comparisons as in cdfreaks or else this is just a free for all opinion poll without any solid justification.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
arunks said:
whats the price of dual layer dvd......

and how can i know whether my sony dvd writer can write dual layer dvd or not...

i know it can read as i used digit dvds
Dual Layer DVD's cost Rs.285/- each but there might be other non-branded stuff cheaper but don't expect anything less than Rs.200/- each.

royal

Padawan
Guys, I am getting 50's pack of VERBATIM 4.7 GB DVD+R for £20...comes approximately at Rs. 34 per DVD. Do you think it's too costly ? :confused:

Actually there is little chance of getting VERBATIM in India so should I get this? Kindly suggest. :p

jack// ani

In the zone
royal said:
Guys, I am getting 50's pack of VERBATIM 4.7 GB DVD+R for £20...comes approximately at Rs. 34 per DVD. Do you think it's too costly ? :confused:

Actually there is little chance of getting VERBATIM in India so should I get this? Kindly suggest. :p

Yeah i believe its fine, Verbatim media have pretty nice quality!! Somebody previously mentioned that 16X Sony DVD is around 35buck, assuming thats true your deal sounds good, go for it.

shashank4u

Youngling
techcom dvd at Rs 12/piece..
if u buy 50 then 11/piece..
techcom dvd has got a new look silver one.
.and the quality is also much better then previos blue ones..
i use it for movie bkp 6/dvd.:D

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
shashank4u said:
techcom dvd at Rs 12/piece..
if u buy 50 then 11/piece..
techcom dvd has got a new look silver one.
.and the quality is also much better then previos blue ones..
i use it for movie bkp 6/dvd.:D

Rs 6/DVD ?????
Is that what what u mean ??? :confused:

royal

Padawan
aravind_n20 said:
@royal
Ive bought Verbatim DVDs(jewel case) for 32/- from Kerala. I think its a Mitsubishi product.

Sadly I dont know any shop in Kolkata from where I can get them :(

If somebody knows where to get them in Kolkata, please share the address.

jack// ani

In the zone
Hey guys, any idea where to purchase DVD+RW DL possibly in Delhi, not sure if its available, just need a single one. And what the price??

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
u may go with the impotance of the data

if u wanna store very important data then go for better ones Sony,Samsung 16x costing RS 30-50\- .Buy the one with Protective layer with safeguard ur data

Local DVD most;y don't come with Protective layer.use them just for fun -movies ,mp3 go for any one right from cheapest(may become Rs 8/- soon) to ...

Pragadheesh

In the zone
i bought puma(no 1 would ave heard about it) dvds @ rs 9 per dvd..
there was a stall in our coll where they were advertising their dvds...at first i thought it might go waste n it might not work properly.. den bought one n tested it... works fine..
supports 16x and its good... finally bought 11dvds for 99...:all of dem works perfectly..:cool:

cooldev007

Broken In
Buy a Box Pack of Sony DVD of 10 pcs for Rs. 200
Load the Disc in ur Lite on Drive.
Check if the DVD is All right with Nero CD/DVD Info.
Add 4.35 GB of Data at once.
Set the Speed to 4x.
Set ur Disc Name.
Do not forget to verify ur compilation.
Then Click Burn.
Take a Nape.
After the Nape, u will see that Ur Burn Process is Successful.
I am using this technique. My DVDs are with me for more than 10yrs.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
cooldev007 said:
Buy a Box Pack of Sony DVD of 10 pcs for Rs. 200
Load the Disc in ur Lite on Drive.
Check if the DVD is All right with Nero CD/DVD Info.
Add 4.35 GB of Data at once.
Set the Speed to 4x.
Set ur Disc Name.
Do not forget to verify ur compilation.
Then Click Burn.
Take a Nape.
After the Nape, u will see that Ur Burn Process is Successful.
I am using this technique. My DVDs are with me for more than 10yrs.

LOLZ :lol::p:D:lol:

aravind_n20 said:
I bet u dun have a burned DVD which is of 10 years old;)

hehehehe...10 years ago CD-Writesrs used to cost thousands of bucks..I guess around 20K or even more..only a Politician or a Crickter could have afforded a DVD-Writer that much time ago...And I have a doubt whether even DVDs were available at that time :confused:..I cant say as I was nt involved in computers that much ago...Any comments guys...

Abt topic..I have been using Mosarbaer CDS for some years..and now that the DVD age has finally arrived with band I have still shown faith in my fav brand..Apart from mosarbaer I hv also tried MASTER(small name) DVDs and even they have never failed me.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Anyone using Imation DVDs here? I get them for 15 bucks a piece? How's it compared to other brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom