which card should i buy to play crysis 3 (budget 7-8K)

sandyss

Broken In
which card should i buy to play crysis 3 (budget 7-8K)

i have currently
intel dg31pr
core2duo e7400
ddr2 ram
xfx 9500 gt

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^+1

OP
you will need to OC your CPU, or else the card might get bottlenecked..
Also a minimum 450 watt good PSU is required

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
^^ I doubt it will run even if he OCs his proccy. I've got athlon ii x4 635 which is neck to neck in gaming benchmarks with the e7500. I've OCed base block to 215 but it still bottlenecks my HD 6850 and gives just playable fps for battlefield 3.

@OP wait for the game to release and then decide. This is Crysis 3 we're talking about, better not take any risks :p

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
well, well well.. we already know that crysis3 will be using TXAA which will be best supported by NVIDIA. now, if playing crysis3 is OP's top priority, then we are looking at a complete system overhaul.

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
^^Agreed any new gpu will face considerable bottleneck because of his current system !
Secondly we donno which psu he has, taking that into consideration HD7750 comes to mind !

OP
sandyss

sandyss

Broken In
"the card might get bottlenecked.."
its not a problem ...
i m able to play crysis2 in med setting with good frames ,then a new card should increase the frames isnt it?:p

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
The new GPU may do it only if your proccy doesn't bottleneck it. Who knows, even your current fps are being bottlenecked by your processor. Its better to wait IMO.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
just go for it and OC your CPU it if you face lag.. i dont see any reason not to, since you own a processor from the golden era of free overclocking :)

Also, be sure to verify your PSU first, if it can run the GPU properly or not

OP
sandyss

sandyss

Broken In
But i have never overclocked anything(processor or graphic card).How can i overclock my intel e7400 by using some windows software(without frying my processr) if at all its possible?Im no good at messing with bios...:cry:.
i will get anew psu if card needs it.Is there any good amd hd7770 which uses about 65-100 watts?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
the HD7770 uses Max 120W. it will prolly not touch 120W during gaming.

check this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ndation-budget-b-w-6-5k-8-5k.html#post1775698

for PSU, a Corsair CX430V2 is good for your PC.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yes, all HD 7770s use around 80 watts only. But HD 770 needs an additional PCIe connector. So, for that you need to have a good PSU.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
It also depends on what resolution will u be playing. At 720p-900p the 7770 will do fine but at full HD forget it.
It cant play most current gen games with max settings and full hd. What is the resolution of your monitor?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
It also depends on what resolution will u be playing. At 720p-900p the 7770 will do fine but at full HD forget it.
It cant play most current gen games with max settings and full hd. What is the resolution of your monitor?

read first post??

Top Bottom