Which AV with anti-spyware engine do u think is best?

*NOTE: Some of them may not have Anti-spyware

• AntiVir

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Avast

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grisoft AVG Anti-malware

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Kaspersky AV 7

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • McAfee VirusScan

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Eset Nod32

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Symantec Norton AntiVirus

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RajU
After seeing this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70324 , I am so confused that I have to open a new polling thread, Please co-operate with me to find out a good AV with a anti-spyware engine

I know that no AV is perfect.....

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Please check this thread : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58762

Digitians have already voted...may help u in making a decision.

OP

RajU
I was using AVG free editions, also never had any problems, but there is a problem, if AVG finds anything as virus or spyware, it blocks the total access of that file, and this is very annoying as if u want to access that file then u cannot. So I was giving a try to Kaspersky as many told that it is good than others

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Avast....occupies least resources,gets updated silently (avg on other hand opens up a update dialog box right on windows start-up,which is very annoying ),has virus database generation (never used it much though),and if it matters..it's the coolest looking AV too.:p

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
shady_inc said:
Avast....occupies least resources,gets updated silently (avg on other hand opens up a update dialog box right on windows start-up,which is very annoying ),has virus database generation (never used it much though),and if it matters..it's the coolest looking AV too.:p

Coolest looking & speaking antivirus too!
I love the way it speaks!.. "ATTENTION! A VIRUS HAS BEEN DETECTED!"

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Kiran_tech_mania said:
Coolest looking & speaking antivirus too!
I love the way it speaks!.. "ATTENTION! A VIRUS HAS BEEN DETECTED!"

I think it's "CAUTION! A VIRUS HAS BEEN DETECTED!":D

@ 786: You have included norton in that list too??I doesn't even deserve to be called an anti-virus.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i think ZA with inbuilt AV and ASpyware... is the best as far as i think...
it is really good ... i have been using it ..and guys to tell u i visit more of spyware , trojan ridden sites and downloads loads of stuff.,..

man ..ZA has been top notch.. i feel i have complete control over my system.. coupled with NOD32 recently.. my system is virtually sitting inside a bunker :-D

OP

RajU
No, I have also used ZA trial, and came to a conclusion that it is the best firewall but it has common AV/spyware engine

NucleusKore

TheSaint
McAfee, and I have a licensed copy (wonder how many trojans come bundled FREE with the hacked versions). If you cannot afford the licensed version go for AOL Antivirus. It now uses McAfee, and its FREE.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
shady_inc said:
I think it's "CAUTION! A VIRUS HAS BEEN DETECTED!":D

@ 786: You have included norton in that list too??I doesn't even deserve to be called an anti-virus.

Hmm.......:D

nikhilpai

Techans
Paid:
NOD32 is the best paid (and overall) antivirus out there.

Free:
Avast is the best free one.
Actually Antivir is better than Avast in virus detection but it doesn't cover outlook & messengers....so Avast is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.