Whether to continue with DELL or to look for another brand ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusharlad

Down to Earth
Dear friends,

Lastly I had purchased Dell laptop XPS 1530 in May 08 after lot of reserch and suggestion from this forum. It had the following Config.

Processor : Core 2 Duo T 8100 2.1GHz, 3MB Cache, 800 MHz FSB
Display : 15.4" widescreen WXGA 1440 x 900 TFT with truelife
Ram : 4 GB dual channel
HDD : 250 GB 5200 rpm
Optical Drive : 8x Dvd dual layer
GPU : 256 MB NVIDIA Geforce 8600M Gt
Wireless : Intel 4965 AGN wireless N mini card

Bluetooth, remotecontrol, webcam, fingerprint reader, mediadirect etc. are present.
It coast me 64000.

Unfortunately my lappy has been stallen from my office just in two months.

Now I am looking to purchase another laptop of that same catogary or better. I request you to help me making vise decision.

If I stick with Dell then which changes shoul I make in my configuration ?
I intend to buy it next week. My budget is 65000.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
if you get dv5-1015tx model from HP its better, I think they put very limited numbers of this and it got sold out quick.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you had a good experience with XPS, you should go for the same again. Just check wih Dell if they can give big discount if you get XPS again. If you get some 5k or so discount go for it else get HP laptops as they come with nvidia 9xxx GPU which is much stable and better.

OP
T

tusharlad

Down to Earth
if you get dv5-1015tx model from HP its better, I think they put very limited numbers of this and it got sold out quick.

I have not found this model on their website. you may be right it may have sold out. HP's website does not give full details of the configuration and also prise.

thanks by the way

Choose Dell for
1. Onsite warranty;
2. Accidental damage coverage.

In Xps models both are included as standard for 1 year

thanks

If you had a good experience with XPS, you should go for the same again. Just check wih Dell if they can give big discount if you get XPS again. If you get some 5k or so discount go for it else get HP laptops as they come with nvidia 9xxx GPU which is much stable and better.

Thanks a lot

I did not have any problems with that model originally but I choose classic installation at that time for more hd partitions and when a dell person (actually wipro person ) visited, system crashed and needed to renstall, and problems started. All due to ineffeciency of the persons visited. Ultimately Dell's own person from Banglore rectified the problems online through web. that was remarkable, but just in two days after My lappy has been stallen.

At Present after 5 months one can get the same model XPS 1530 in the same price with 320 GB Hard disk. Definately I will ask dell to have discount atleast worth 5000 bucks. otherwise may look for other brand.

If i select this same model again should I upgrade to processor : T 8300 2.4 GHz instead T 8100 2.1 Ghz and also Display from 1440x 900 to 1680 x 1050

Please give suggestions

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
stick to 1440x 900.

1680 x 1050 will be an overkill for processor, GPU and of course your eyes (not at all recommended for 15")

Get the best processor that you can get as you can't change it later.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
okay. You should go for DV5 series:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=953161&postcount=34

HP Pavilion DV5-1015Tx -> Good Looks but not as stunning as a xps 1530 or a Vaio either but decent enough. Very Good CPU, Good Display, stunning sound extremely good quality and very good graphics card of Nvidea 9600GT with 512MB dedicated memory and an additional TV Tuner Card.

OP
T

tusharlad

Down to Earth
How 1680 x 1050 will cause trouble for CPU, GPU and eyes with 15.4" screen ? Could you please explain in detail ?

From today Dell has upgraded its XPS 1530 config. and only offering 1900 x 1200 WUXGA+ CCFL screen ? What should I do now ?

Should I go for higher CPU like T9300 2.5 GHZ 6 mb cache instead T 8100 ?

Also there are several option for Hard Disc ? 320 GB 5400 rpm is given as standard is it suffecient or should I go for 7200 rpm for 2100 extra rupees ?

And what about TV tunner card ? is it good with laptop ? Dell is offering for 3100 rs.

Please pour in your advices and suggestions to make it easier for me to decide. I am in accute need of a Laptop.

As I had purchased one Xps earlier and somewhat in love with it so again I shall be going with DELL at most though not necesarily.

Please help

2 nov 08 10. 00 PM

hai R U all at urs wit end ?

Please punch in ur replies

I M really in need of ur help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom