Whether Hotmail a/c can be configured in Outlook as POP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BilluMastan

Broken In
Hi I don't know how i can configure my hotmail a/c in outlook. All my other email a/c has been configured in outlook apart from that the Hotmail a/c i could not do pop configuration. I tried to down load outlook connector software and installed but the outlook was not responding at all. Do you have any solution to the the problem. Please let me know.

slugger

Banned
karnivore said:
Use FreePOPs
yaar wats d point of asking him/her 2 use a diff client. d person wants 2 know how to config outlook 2 access hotmail and u r asking him to use a diff sw

satyamy

Alive Again...
slugger said:
yaar wats d point of asking him/her 2 use a diff client. d person wants 2 know how to config outlook 2 access hotmail and u r asking him to use a diff sw
dude
he is a newbee
we all must help him to let the prob solved

slugger

Banned
satyamy said:
dude
he is a newbee
we all must help him to let the prob solved

he did not ask 4 an alternate client. he wanted 2 make his account work with d client he specified. so y offer unsolicited advice

as 4 me don't wanna get into dis argument any further. u may have d last word by posting a message after dis post of mine

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
Slugger me thinks you ben wachin 2 many pirate movies "Yaar" :) .....I know yahoo's doesn't work does hotmail's? I mean you can't set out look up for yahoo, & I thought I read on here that the same is true for hotmail.

slugger

Banned
Liggy said:
Slugger me thinks you ben wachin 2 many pirate movies "Yaar" :) .....I know yahoo's doesn't work does hotmail's? I mean you can't set out look up for yahoo, & I thought I read on here that the same is true for hotmail.

wat r u saying maan i never said anything abt yahoo at all
all d guy wanted was to be able 2 access hotmail thru outlook and i pointed out the relevant link 2 him

karnivore

in your face..
^^ Hotmail does not provide POP forwarding, unless u buy your account. Same with yahoo.com. However yahoo.co.in gives you POP forwarding. If u want to config your OE for these mail servers u have to use 3rd party s/w

FreePOPs for Hotmail
YahooPOPs for Yahoo.com

Clear ??? Or i need to type in bigger font and upper case and bold format.

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Since hotmail and OE are both MS-based, they have been provided with interoperability facility. So, with hotmail, all you need to access it on Outlook or Outlook Express is to provide necessary settings... For that, the link in the second post is sufficient and the details provided are fairly straightforward. No need for third party software like FreePOPs...

Arun

Arun

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
sakumar79 said:
Since hotmail and OE are both MS-based, they have been provided with interoperability facility. So, with hotmail, all you need to access it on Outlook or Outlook Express is to provide necessary settings... For that, the link in the second post is sufficient and the details provided are fairly straightforward. No need for third party software like FreePOPs...

Hope u have read this..
karnivore said:
Hotmail does not provide POP forwarding, unless u buy your account. Same with yahoo.com. However yahoo.co.in gives you POP forwarding. If u want to config your OE for these mail servers u have to use 3rd party s/w

As he did not said that u can't configure ur HOTMAIL account with OE, but said that u have to enable POP forwarding => Buy an account
And still u want to use these then U HAVE TO USE THIRD PARTY SOFTWARES !!!

karnivore

in your face..
^^ Yes. Right

Those settings will be relevant only if u BUY a hotmail account. For free mail service you need 3rd party s/w and then u hav to config according to that 3rd party settings. Original Hotmail + OE settings won't work.

sakumar79

Technomancer
No, you can configure a regular, free hotmail account with OE using the settings provided in the link above (second post). It will work both for FREE AND PAID hotmail accounts

Arun

EDIT: I have used it a long time back, when MS first made hotmail accounts downloadable in OE. I havent used it recently because I ditched my hotmail account and also, I have stopped using OE. So, I am not 100% sure if currently also free hotmail accounts are supported by OE.

karnivore

in your face..
^^ Yes, before 2004, POP forwarding for free Hotmail was available, but sometime in 2004 they revoked this service for free users.

However, other than FreePOPs, you can use Windows Live Mail to access your free Hotmail.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
To access your hotmail or Windows Live Mail, it is recommended to use Windows Live Mai desktop.

However, up until recently Outlook connector was not working on Outlook with Hotmail, few days ago Microsoft released a new version which now works with Outlook 2007. i am using it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom