where to buy fsp saga 500 watt

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I have similar config but with e5800 3.2gh and HD 5770 MSI

Let me know which one to go . My budget is 2.5-3k would like to have decent performer no oc planned.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Then , Corsair CX430 v2 gets another vote for your budget. It'll serve you well.

FYI : I used Corsair CX400 ( old version ) with GTX 560 ti and it ran without problem without overclocking. So , yours would be fine.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the power consumption of HD5770 is lot lesser than GTX 560 ti - so even a FSP Saga 350W should handle macho84's rig just fine.

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
No This is a another rig. My signature rig rocks and not going to touch for next 1 year.

My worry is if by any change the gpu upgraded then i will be in trouble so better 500w as high end cards only requires more wattage in single mode.

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Let me know if fsp saga 2 500w Is a good psu
e5800
4gb ddr3
500gb hdd
5770 1gb msi
few fans

I see a site selling it for 2.6k including shipping. Not sure if it can handle well enough for 5770 and max upgrade capability of gpu for this psu. say 7850 i believe.

Psu-fsp saga 2

Gadgets.in site refusing my visa card bank . Actually bank rejecting. I am worried. Hope my account is safe.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
why you need to connect a HD7850 with a rig which has e5800 like cpu - the cpu will bottleneck the performance of the gpu - so better stick with HD5770 and at 2.1k and 2.5k you can get Corsair VS450 and CX430v2 respectively - so why bother with FSP which has only 2 yrs. of warranty ?

No This is a another rig. My signature rig rocks and not going to touch for next 1 year.

My worry is if by any change the gpu upgraded then i will be in trouble so better 500w as high end cards only requires more wattage in single mode.

GTX 560 Ti mentioned on my post just to show a comparison - there's absolutely no connection with the GTX 560 Ti you have ;-) and that post was for your old rig with C2D e5800 and HD5770.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You know, there's antec basiq series you can take a look at. I am not sure if there's a 400w version, but the 300w basiq series that Antec India talked about has Over Current Protection, Over Voltage protection, Short Circuit protection, Over Power Protection and Over Temperature protection.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ availability is an issue and the price is also on the higher side - the BP350 and BP450 models are selling at Rs. 2240 and 3005 on FK repectively but if let's say FK is charging Rs. 200-300 more on these PSus the prices ain't so attractive as similar alternatives are available at lower prices from corsair.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
You know, there's antec basiq series you can take a look at. I am not sure if there's a 400w version, but the 300w basiq series that Antec India talked about has Over Current Protection, Over Voltage protection, Short Circuit protection, Over Power Protection and Over Temperature protection.

Availability is a big issue man!
P.S. Have you reviewed any of them?

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
Then , Corsair CX430 v2 gets another vote for your budget. It'll serve you well.

FYI : I used Corsair CX400 ( old version ) with GTX 560 ti and it ran without problem without overclocking. So , yours would be fine.

if corsair cx 430 v2 has enough power to support gtx 560 then i will get it but it provides on 12v rail 28 ampere and gfx required about 31 ampere. i was thinking about corsair vx 450 it provides 33 ampere.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you can't compare a VS450 with VX450 - VX450 was a legendary PSU - only a TX450 ( if corsair going to make it ) can be called as the newer version of VX450 ;-)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Oh ok. I knew that VS450, made only for Asia-pacific region, comes from VX450. Well, I was wrong in one part of the fact. Sorry.

Top Bottom