Where should i connect my mic?

murphyker

Broken In
i have a Creative Inspire M5300 5.1 channel system. the problem is, the subwoofer has
got a 3 pin connection which is connected to the on-board sound card of my computer. now there is no place left for connecting a mic. how can i solve the problem?

giprabu

In the zone
i have a Creative Inspire M5300 5.1 channel system. the problem is, the subwoofer has
got a 3 pin connection which is connected to the on-board sound card of my computer. now there is no place left for connecting a mic. how can i solve the problem?

first tell me whether your all speakers are working fine..
(they shouldn't be...)

if your mobo has 6 ports, 4 of them can be used for connecting speakers as centre, rear, side and woofer... the remaining are line line out and mic..

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Connect the mic to the front conenctors.

Tell us which motherboard you have, how can we answer like that?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
So your front panel audio ports are not working. do the following
during boot press delete key to enter BIOS
Goto advanced>southbridge chipset configuration
Goto front panel select

If it is set to HD Audio, change it to AC97. Now your front panel should work & you can plug your mic there. This instruction is available in the blue user manual of your motherboard (Page 2-24 if you have the same book as me)

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

tell me if it worked or not. And in case it is set to AC97 by default & it isn't working, try changing it to HD Audio

Top Bottom