Where I can buy/order a custom sized LED/LCD screen with accurate color reproduction ?

RageshAntony

In the zone
I need a LED/LCD screen of a custom dimension of 7 ft x 4 feet with 4K (75hz,5ms) screen resolution and also have accurate color reproduction

I dont want any extra TV like features since I going to connect it with PC only.

Where I able to order these types of TVs ?

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
So, basically you want a custom 7:4 97" diagonal 4k screen? I'm not sure if any manufacturer will produce a single piece though.

1) What is the maximum screen size available for TVs in India ?

2) does projectors able to give accurate color reproduction ? if yes , what is opening price for that type of projectors ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vu 254 cm (100 inch) 4k Ultra HD LED Smart TV (Vu100OA, Black) | LED TV | Televisions | Croma Electronics | Online Electronics Shopping | Buy Electronics Online

Amazon.in: Over ₹20,000 - Projection Screens / Projector Accessories: Electronics

native 4k projector costs in lakhs. HD projectors are cheaper(still ~30k) which can upscale to 4k but not as good as native 4k projector.Frankly speaking unless your budget is in lakhs just forget about all this & simply buy a decent/cheap HD projector & a big screen.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
Vu 254 cm (100 inch) 4k Ultra HD LED Smart TV (Vu100OA, Black) | LED TV | Televisions | Croma Electronics | Online Electronics Shopping | Buy Electronics Online

Amazon.in: Over ₹20,000 - Projection Screens / Projector Accessories: Electronics

native 4k projector costs in lakhs. HD projectors are cheaper(still ~30k) which can upscale to 4k but not as good as native 4k projector.Frankly speaking unless your budget is in lakhs just forget about all this & simply buy a decent/cheap HD projector & a big screen.
Suggest me a projector below 50k with accurate color reproduction

Because color accuracy is my foremost concern

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Suggest me a projector below 50k with accurate color reproduction

Because color accuracy is my foremost concern
I don't know if projectors in that budget have high colour accuracy. You'll be better off getting a professional grade monitor. For better understanding, please fill this:
Questionnaire for TV/Monitor purchase queries

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
I don't know if projectors in that budget have high colour accuracy. You'll be better off getting a professional grade monitor. For better understanding, please fill this:
Questionnaire for TV/Monitor purchase queries

1. Budget?
50k to 70k

2. Display type and size?
above 65"

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
For cloth design , simulation and visualization

4. Types and number of ports required?
1 HDMI , 1 USB

5. Preferred choice of brand?
MarQ

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Flipkart selling MarQ TV. 65" costs 58k. how is it?

7. Any other info that you want to share.

I want with perfect color accuracy . Because as you know for costume visualization color is very important

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
can you tell us a bit more about requirements exactly
The best production companies typically send their own personnel to colour calibrate the monitors in the editing and post production studios working for them. NEC is the industry standard. If that is not available, BenQ or iMac is used.
the colours you see on screen will not exactly match the colours you see in print or dye, no matter what. There are just too many variables, and the modes are just fundamentally different. Have no clue about fabrics, but graphic designers who want to see how colours appear in print, take sample printouts. Maybe there is a way to get a sample swatch of all the possible colours of a fabric, and then calibrate the monitor accordingly, but it still wont be entirely accurate.

In any case, an NEC or BenQ is your best bet.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
can you tell us a bit more about requirements exactly
The best production companies typically send their own personnel to colour calibrate the monitors in the editing and post production studios working for them. NEC is the industry standard. If that is not available, BenQ or iMac is used.
the colours you see on screen will not exactly match the colours you see in print or dye, no matter what. There are just too many variables, and the modes are just fundamentally different. Have no clue about fabrics, but graphic designers who want to see how colours appear in print, take sample printouts. Maybe there is a way to get a sample swatch of all the possible colours of a fabric, and then calibrate the monitor accordingly, but it still wont be entirely accurate.

In any case, an NEC or BenQ is your best bet.

I developing a ready made SDK in Python OR C# that get input of two front and back images of the a costume (ex. T-Shirt ) and have to generate a 3D model of the costume using that

Example :
Imagine a Costume designer designed a T-Shirt

He want to get an 3D model

But he don’t have time to scan it using 3D scanner by wearing the dress to a model toy and scan it using a depth sensor

So he wants to use his A0 paper scanner and scans back and front of the T-Shirt

Now he will open the IDE and calls the SDK function with 2 images as input and get the 3D output in desired 3D format (obj , FBX etc)

Example:
Image front = “/img/front_tshirt.jpg”;
Image back = “/img/back_tshirt.jpg”;
Cloth3D c3d = 3DClothGen.to3D(front,back)
c3d.saveAs(Format.OBJ , “/3d output/obj”);
c3d.saveAs(Format.FBX , “/3d output/fbx ”);

----------

So when the scanned costumes are displaying in the screen , I need the display to show the same color of the scanned costume . (imagine the scanner is color accurate)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
A monitor/tv needs to be at least IPS for better colour accuracy & as suggested above,NEC is the standard used by professionals.That MarQ TV on flipkart seems to have IPS panel as per Q&A posted there but judging by its price & intended usage I doubt it will have the colour accuracy suitable for professional usages.

An older 2k resolution model but it seems good quality pro level 4k monitors are even costlier.
*www.amazon.in/BenQ-PD3200U-32-inch-Monitor-Black/dp/B01N4AIIIV
BenQ PD3200U 32

Nerevarine

Incarnate
ProArt PA329C | Monitors | ASUS USA

out of budget but this is the one you should go for, if accuracy is important

from what I know, sRGB is useless, color grading people typically aim for maxing out DCI-P3 or Adobe RGB.
All mac displays are DCI-P3 compliant..

Top Bottom