Where do I find ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad1231moody

Journeyman
Friends certainly I am asking for one of the tiniest components of the computer. Yes, I am in need of a jumper for a SATA-II HDD. Asked the local computer assembler. Went roaming around in Lamington. Even went to the seagate office in Bombay Central. They all have no idea. Now I am really in need of a jumper for sataII HDD. If any of you'll have then please reply here:(

slugger

Banned
visit your local scrap market where they sell discaded products

my friend just picked up a fully functonal TVS keyboard for 20 bux

there were even HDDs on sale for 50 bux for a 40 GB ones

pick one that has a jumper in it ;)

OP
mad1231moody

mad1231moody

Journeyman
Now I don't think that I will be able to do that. But is it that the HDD's have to come bundled with a jumper, if this is the case then I can ask my vendor to give me one jumper

slugger

Banned
dont remember if my hdds had jumpers in them when i bot it [had a few lyin with me]
you can ask him to give you 1

or ask your neighbourhood computer assembling guy for a jumper
dey 2 have these lying around

OP
mad1231moody

mad1231moody

Journeyman
Yes the local assembler does have jumpers lying around, but none for a SataII
HDD. They were all for Pata HDD's . And slugger do u have one jumper for a SATAII HDD with you?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
There's a reason why those SATA II HDDs do not come with a jumper.Well....actually....its because they don't need one,unless you want to limit data transfer to that of SATA I specifications.
Never,I mean never play with Jumper settings of a SATA HDD as set by factory.

slugger

Banned
shud it not be obvious that since he is lookin for a jumper, that the mobo is unable to make the SATA 3.0GBps run at the 1.5GBps speed that it is able to support. so he is being forced to do it manually :rolleyes:

@mad1231moody

sorry m8 i got only PATA jumpers with me :sad:
all my HDDs r PATA

OP
mad1231moody

mad1231moody

Journeyman
Yes I want to limit the HDD to SATA 1 speed. So where else should I lookout. Shall I ask the seagate care to deliver one to me. I am never able to get online help from them even though I go within the allowed timings

slugger

Banned
seagate service centers are also called Seacare Center

in mumbai they have it here

Accel Frontline Ltd, A-2,Jitendra Estate, Opp. Sangam Talkies, Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri(East), Tel-40059782/83

update

there appears to be more than 1 service center in mumbai

*www.accelfrontline.in/news_all_2007.html

click on the link that says click here

OP
mad1231moody

mad1231moody

Journeyman
Well I went to the seacare center located in Tardeo.
*img215.imageshack.us/img215/553/capture3qo7.th.jpg

The agents there said that they have no idea and it is not a service center but it is only for replacing damaged HDD's. So infact I have already went to all possible places I can find but still nothing in my hand:(

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
It is too small a thing for anybody to keep and even if one keeps it may be difficult to locate:) (I do have it somewhere.will be difficult to locate.)

Just solder a thin wire shorting the two terminals and get going. ( I had no occasion to try it and this suggestion is given in good faith )

hmmm.... lucky you. I just located it - two of them. If you are still desperate email your address to me. I shall mail it immediately.

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
Go to a local electronics repair shop and ask them to make a jumper for ur hdd.they can surely do it

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Twist a stapler pin in the centre and use to short the pins (if its too big, break it in to two). Have done this many a times on HDDs and mobos. Should at least make a temporary fix.

OP
mad1231moody

mad1231moody

Journeyman
Go to a local electronics repair shop and ask them to make a jumper for ur hdd.they can surely do it
I will ask one in my neighbourhood. and hope he understands a jumper.

Twist a stapler pin in the centre and use to short the pins (if its too big, break it in to two). Have done this many a times on HDDs and mobos. Should at least make a temporary fix.

I didn't get what you said, how do I twist? Do I need to just touch the pins on HDD using some conductor or insulator(I don't know :D) like a stapler pin

OP
mad1231moody

mad1231moody

Journeyman
@Ponnmayilal Are you sure my friend, that you got a SATA II jumper. If possible take some screenshots from a cam and post it. I have already asked many and they said that they have but when I went to look there it came out to be a PATA jumper. By the way where do you hail from? This is a representational picture:grin:
*img88.imageshack.us/img88/464/satapataku7vh8xn9.png

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
You can be rest assured that I do have two SATA jumpers removed from two Samsung SATA drives in 2003/2004 when I assembled my present computer.
As a matter of fact whenever I assemble computers on request for my friends (which I very rarely accede to :) ), I remove the jumpers, place them in a small plastic cover and stick it inside the cabinet, so that if need be they can use it whenever they want. I know how difficult it is to get small things like this when needed.
Email or PM your address and you will get it by mail for free:)

praka123

left this forum longback
huh!helping hands!nice :)

BTW,I have 2 sata hdd's one with 7200.9 series and another 7200.10 series,if I remove hdd jumper,can i expect some speed?
my mobo is a gigabyte 915GV based one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom