Whats up with Mi3 Hype ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
It seems to be all over the place and its annoying !

What people and our beloved tech websites don't seem to realize is that Xaomi is temporarily operating on a "NO PROFIT" model because they want to gain a strong foothold here in India.

Once they do that, it wont be long before their prices soar to other mainstream brands flagship level's. !

So while the Mi3 is cheap, don't expect their future flagships to be cheap !.

They will be priced at par with Lenovo flagships if not the Samsung/LG/Sony one's.

Cheers!

AbhMkh

quicky008

Technomancer
Besides no one really knows what their after sales service is going to be like,so I must say there's an element of risk in buying their products.

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=261170]AbhMkh[/MENTION] I said that already :/ people bashing other manufactures for xaiomi is useless

rish1

Cyborg Agent
they deserve the hype !! can't say about future but By bringing Mi3 they have shaken the market which will force other OEMs to considerably lower their prices and come up with decent competetive phones and not junk like galaxy Ace nxt , Galaxy Core 2 like crap !!

Providing SD800 for half the price is really commendable !!

even importing a sd800 phone won't cost you this less which already doesn't have repair/spare parts facility, forget about warranty

of course this phone is not much suited for a general user, a normal user would be better off buying a better brand

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Besides no one really knows what their after sales service is going to be like,so I must say there's an element of risk in buying their products.

Amen, No one seems to be understanding this.. ppl here are just going crazy by just seeing the specs like some non-forum n00b (no offence)..
Yes, the device is just too good to be true at this price, but FFS consider other factors as well

sushovan

In the zone
whats up with the all the after sales service hoopla huh? those who are bashing xiaomi now for "non-existent" ASS also cried the same when Motorola launched Moto G. The rest is history. This one will be a grand success too , regardless of how samsung or other fanboys "bark" :mrgreen: These so called criticizers vanish when brands like MMX,Xolo,Karbonn etc make the poor customers go through hellish experiences to repair their handsets or when so called Biggies like Shamesung or HTC harass customers with their supposedly great ASS services like "We will change your handset's motherboard even if your handset is alright and charge you 7000 bucks" or " we have to outsource your HTC one's faulty camera unit so submit your handset to us for next 6 months ", but they keep crying about sales network, ass etc when a game changer storms into market. pff :-x LG and Nokia are the only ones who offer TRUE after sales services in India.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
IMHO Mi3 deserves this hype, and if this results in the phone being OOS due to the demand most of the time, then it would be a tight slap on the face of samdung and indian rebranders

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Xiaomi will heat up the budget market, but be sure it won't touch the high end market, people who are spending 25k+ on a phone will not go gaga for Xiaomi just because they are giving the same specs for a lot less, if this model was true then apple would have closed shop long ago. Also the flipkart model cuts sales by a huge margin, plus no ads on tv.

What surprises me is that the BOM for a mobile like this will be around $200, so that's 12k, with taxes and such, I wonder how long they can keep this up.

- - - Updated - - -

IMHO Mi3 deserves this hype, and if this results in the phone being OOS most of the time, then it would be a tight slap on the face of samdung and indian rebranders
Two reasons for being out of stock, not just demand :p

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Well if you look at their product portfolio almost all have been priced competitevely at low prices..and i doubt they are sellling at NO PROFIT i think in that livecast they showed their growth though mi3 pricing is more down to that being at its end of life i guess..
but to call this as a game changer i dont know..people around the world are still buying iphones and galaxies havent they..people go after brand..and we Indians are indeed very much after brand name and also very much trying to look for vfm and ass..lets see how this pans out

Minion

Conversation Architect
It seems to be all over the place and its annoying !

What people and our beloved tech websites don't seem to realize is that Xaomi is temporarily operating on a "NO PROFIT" model because they want to gain a strong foothold here in India.

Once they do that, it wont be long before their prices soar to other mainstream brands flagship level's. !

So while the Mi3 is cheap, don't expect their future flagships to be cheap !.

They will be priced at par with Lenovo flagships if not the Samsung/LG/Sony one's.

Cheers!

AbhMkh

It is not hype it is real :mrgreen:

- - - Updated - - -

Xiaomi will heat up the budget market, but be sure it won't touch the high end market, people who are spending 25k+ on a phone will not go gaga for Xiaomi just because they are giving the same specs for a lot less, if this model was true then apple would have closed shop long ago. Also the flipkart model cuts sales by a huge margin, plus no ads on tv.

What surprises me is that the BOM for a mobile like this will be around $200, so that's 12k, with taxes and such, I wonder how long they can keep this up.

- - - Updated - - -

Two reasons for being out of stock, not just demand :p

Most noob people use their phone for showoff purpose How can they even show off if the phone has a Xiaomi branding instead of Apple or Samesung.

Those who are wise will choose VFM products like Xiaomi Mi3.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The pricing 'looks' great because the other phones are extremely high in price. In reality the price is quite decent, nothing surprising or extra ordinary. How much does it take to manufacture an S5, an M8, a Z2? I just don't understand the business policy. Everyone does business for profit, every businessman is greedy, but there should be an extent to that. 30-35% should be the limit, but they like to go for 100-125%. Well **** that.

amjath

Human Spambot
The pricing 'looks' great because the other phones are extremely high in price. In reality the price is quite decent, nothing surprising or extra ordinary. How much does it take to manufacture an S5, an M8, a Z2? I just don't understand the business policy. Everyone does business for profit, every businessman is greedy, but there should be an extent to that. 30-35% should be the limit, but they like to go for 100-125%. Well **** that.

Samsung Galaxy S5 costs $256 to build - GSMArena.com news
$256 to make an s5 + shipping + customs + R and D + software support + profit

Status
Not open for further replies.