What's the bitrate on your phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Guys,

Generally, what's the bitrate of songs on your phone? Most of them are usually 128 on mine. Anyone going higher than that? Of course there are a few 160,192, here and there but mostly 128.

And also I'm thinking of converting them to ogg, as you may know, ogg is a very superior format to mp3 giving a better quality at half the filesize.

As my mmc is already cramped up with some 15 movies, some 50 games, 45 apps and 100 songs (the ones I always like to listen), doing so I might be able to push in some more songs there.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Around 56 - 64 kbps MP4 songs (eAAC). I usually listen to my songs on the headphones, and i hate loud music, i like my music to be in the background in my ears!

I encode my songs to MP4 from MP3 and WMA using Easy CD-DA, takes around 2 MB per song. Right now, i have around 400 songs but still a GB free, so take another 400 songs more, if i find them worth my liking ;)

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
96 kbps in some songs and 128 kbps in some others.Though any new songs I add are in ogg format.Seriously,ogg sounds way better than mp3,both encoded at same bitrate.Only sore point is lack of ID3 tags.:(

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
O me gawd, ogg absolutely rocks!!!:D What a quality for a paltry filesize, did it at ~64kbps VBR, files under 2mb, simply amazing!
shady_inc said:
96 kbps in some songs and 128 kbps in some others.Though any new songs I add are in ogg format.Seriously,ogg sounds way better than mp3,both encoded at same bitrate.Only sore point is lack of ID3 tags.:(
Wrong, ogg does have and support ID3 tags, have it on my PC as well as phone. All my oggs retained the tags after conversion. piece-of-cake:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom