What song are you addicted to at the moment?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^I hate YellPee more than any other artist on this damn world. According to me, and many other people who learn and understand music, YellPee has only written around 3-4 original songs in their entire career and then derived other songs from those songs. I mean listen to all the songs. The same single fret riffs, the same nu-age drumming, same whinny lyrics... it all just annoys me. Listen to New Divide and What I've Done.. you will come to know what I mean. Both the songs sound so similar! Greenday is another nu band that I hate but I cant say much to them coz I haven't heard their music much.

There are some good 'nu' age bands. Killswitch Engage is decent and so is Rage Against the Machine. Sure they were formed somewhere in the late 90s but still, compared to the good metal bands, that's quite new. Anyways, I am still hooked to my old artist list (contains Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Saint, Morbid Angel and some rock like AC/DC, Guns N Roses and Van Halen). :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
21st century breakdown... great Green Day album, the latest one. Every song stands out. Like some RATM tracks (Darkness of Greed), I guess the only rap-like act that I like. Metalheads should listen to The Crow soundtrack... great mix of songs. Discovered a band called Helmet because of it.

Krow

Crowman
^I hate YellPee more than any other artist on this damn world. According to me, and many other people who learn and understand music, YellPee has only written around 3-4 original songs in their entire career and then derived other songs from those songs. I mean listen to all the songs. The same single fret riffs, the same nu-age drumming, same whinny lyrics... it all just annoys me. Listen to New Divide and What I've Done.. you will come to know what I mean. Both the songs sound so similar! Greenday is another nu band that I hate but I cant say much to them coz I haven't heard their music much.

There are some good 'nu' age bands. Killswitch Engage is decent and so is Rage Against the Machine. Sure they were formed somewhere in the late 90s but still, compared to the good metal bands, that's quite new. Anyways, I am still hooked to my old artist list (contains Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Saint, Morbid Angel and some rock like AC/DC, Guns N Roses and Van Halen). :)
Wait... We are on the same boat. I started my rockaholic life wit Meteora and soon moved from pop rock to Metallica & Slipknot and now am stuck at Led Zeppelin.

RATM is one of my fav bands along with audioslave. I only dont like Zach De La Rocha and his cRAP. Tom Morello is by far one of the most awesome guitarists one can hear today.

21st century breakdown... great Green Day album, the latest one. Every song stands out. Like some RATM tracks (Darkness of Greed), I guess the only rap-like act that I like. Metalheads should listen to The Crow soundtrack... great mix of songs. Discovered a band called Helmet because of it.
I liked it too initially, very much. But with time I learnt that the album has just capitalised on some nice tunes to make utter crappy music. Its not class and can never be. Many people like it a lot, but my firm view is that it is an illusion. There is no depth to the music. You can't expect much from pop bands anyway. Class acts are those in which with every listen, the songs grow on you. TBH, this album gave me the hoobie-joobies after I heard it the 2nd time. A big NO from me, but a yes from many...

Krow

Crowman
Aa ja sanam (song) from film Chori Chori (1956) [Lata Mangeshkar, Manna Dey]
{Play count : 35}
On a Oldie obtaining spree. I just love the instruments played in those days. No electric digitised crappola. Pure acoustic/natural sounds... Bliss!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Wait... We are on the same boat. I started my rockaholic life wit Meteora and soon moved from pop rock to Metallica & Slipknot and now am stuck at Led Zeppelin.

RATM is one of my fav bands along with audioslave. I only dont like Zach De La Rocha and his cRAP. Tom Morello is by far one of the most awesome guitarists one can hear today.

I liked it too initially, very much. But with time I learnt that the album has just capitalised on some nice tunes to make utter crappy music. Its not class and can never be. Many people like it a lot, but my firm view is that it is an illusion. There is no depth to the music. You can't expect much from pop bands anyway. Class acts are those in which with every listen, the songs grow on you. TBH, this album gave me the hoobie-joobies after I heard it the 2nd time. A big NO from me, but a yes from many...

Sure, Morello might not shred like Petrucci but he certainly has some cool moves up his switch. I mean, look at the man go with the killswitch techinque, it's just mind numbing!

D

Deleted member 26636

Black Cat John Brown- almost the whole album by Alamo Race Track.

@p_dude- you don't have to post videos.

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Addicted to BROKEN by LIFEHOUSE. Excellent Lyrics and music. This song turned the titletrack for the movie "Time Traveler's Wife" and also was featured in the series "Greys Anatomy"

tkin

Back to school!!
Can anyone help me identify this english song? Its from the movie Clerks 2, I can't locate it on the OST, its 2mb in size, so please help.

*willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=87533

layzee

■■■■■■
Presently enjoying "Meet Your Master" by Nine Inch Nails (Album - Year Zero)
Gives you kinda dystopian feel

Top Bottom