What software do I need to convert AVI to DVD with subs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have tried Convert X to DVD to convert an AVI file to a DVD. However I'm unable to get the subtitles in the end result. What option or what setting should I use so that I get subtitles in the resultant file? I don't see any option in Convert X to DVD where it takes .srt file so that we get subtitles in the resultant DVD file output. Is there any other software that can get the subs in the final DVD output? Please help.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
ajay I have converted avi to DVD using convertx with subs, I am out of home right now, but will let you know by tomorrow.....mean time try google if that solves your problem sooner
sams I tried atleast 3-4 times using ConvertX and I have also googled the steps but couldnt find the steps working. I end up having the movie without subs. In the settings its giving as external subtitle stream.

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Are you able to add subs as well. I'm able to convert from AVI to DVD but I need the Subs built in the output DVD file.
ya, subtitles also works with DVD, or VCD. But in DVD, subs will be merged with the title, as a result, there will be no option to on/off the subs. It will be always on.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I think I have to try it out once! But pata nahin I have a feeling that I may have to so something more!

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have tried the steps mentioned by you already! legolas had sent me a link which had the steps given by you

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Dude! I tried the steps mentioned by you but the titles are not coming in the output file. I'm able to get the movie converted from AVI to DVD but there are no subtitles showing at the bottom of the screen! I tried the steps 3-4 times with nothing positive happening.

legolas

Padawan
What is the extension of the subtitle file? Does it play the subtitle when you play with divx file with say, direct vocsub or trying to play using VLC with the subtitles?
Could you post the screen shot of every step you do as Sam9s has posted here?? May be we can verify it that way?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have two files .IDX and .SRT. I have tried adding both of them while converting. I didnt try direct vocsub. But when I play the AVI file in VLC player and then drag the srt file into VLC player I can see the titles.

legolas

Padawan
IDX is usually required for .SUB extension. Its not necessary for .SRT to my knowledge. But its only by observation.
Could you post your step screenshots?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm not at home now but will post the screenshots once I'm at home. Do I have to go through any tuts here on the forum to see how to post screenshots here in the thread?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
*tinypic.com/view.php?pic=kcc8e1&s=3

*tinypic.com/view.php?pic=kap6jq&s=3

*tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2j1jvk3&s=3

Above are the screenshots of the steps I have followed. Please let me know if I missed an step!

*i32.tinypic.com/kcc8e1.jpg

*i31.tinypic.com/kap6jq.jpg

*i26.tinypic.com/2j1jvk3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Dude I tried with your SRT file as well but still it's not working! I don't know where the problem lies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom