what s the exact difference /advantages among SATA Vs IDE HDD'S ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

In the zone
dear,
be kind to guide me abt the exact / advantages among SATA and IDE HDD ?

be kind to
thankng u n advance

shinu

slugger

Banned
me assumin' dat u r askin' 4 d benefits of SATA ove PATA and not 4 any advanage PATA has ove SATA ['cause der ain't]

Read d first post

even mobos not nativley supportin SATA can b made 2 do so usin a PCI card dat will give u SATA interface withot d speed ad

Last edited:
mobileman said:
dear,

be kind to
thankng u n advance

shinu

The difference is not SATA and IDE, it's SATA and PATA. Do a search on google and you can find lot of articles and tests which show the difference, I really don't have time to pull up links now.:D

slugger said:
buddy IDE is PATA is IDE

You are right. But when you compare the opposites technically, it's like you know Serial ATA v/s Parallel ATA. All the technologies that came before SATA are quite collaberotely called as IDE.

Kniwor

Learner
mobileman said:
dear,

be kind to
thankng u n advance

shinu

SATA and PATA are two diff types of buses for data transfer from HDD. SATA is capable of higher data transfer rates than the older PATA, but just implementation of SATA over PATA in itself does not make the HDD faster, a faster HDD is also required to take the advantage of the faster BUS. Except for in burst tests, for 7200RPM HDD's both SATA and PATA Perform the SAME, the only advantage of SATA is better airflow in cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.