What is the difference between Windows Firewall & Zone Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello Friends!

What is the difference between Windows XP Firewall and other famous firewall like Zone Alarm or Sygate. Is it that Windows Firewall is not that good. If so, which is the best one...

Thank you.

digen

Youngling
Similar questions have already been discussed in the forum.Please search a bit,all that you have asked has already been answered a number of times.

Kniwor

Learner
digen said:
Similar questions have already been discussed in the forum.Please search a bit,all that you have asked has already been answered a number of times.

ya it is good to tell ppl to improve their habit of posting without searching....but i think u should post the answer to the query anyway once u are making a post in the thread....dosen't hurt....

ZoneAlarm and Sygate are almost equally good...Z|A is easier to handle,configure.....and i use it....

Windows firewalll...??? I remove this thing when i make my CD of windows...it's no use once u have Z|A...truly...

selva1966

Journeyman
I once had both ZA and sygate and ZA was always the best. First to track the programmes trying to get connection.

Well about Windows firewall the less said better.

digit427

Right off the assembly line
Please help me setup networking

Dear members

I want to setup networking with my shop & godown situated far as 20km using telephone line.
Is it possible & what are the other source.
Please note that I cant afford more then 1.5k @ month
Please suggest something

digen

Youngling
Kniwor said:
ya it is good to tell ppl to improve their habit of posting without searching....but i think u should post the answer to the query anyway once u are making a post in the thread....dosen't hurt....

Windows firewalll...??? I remove this thing when i make my CD of windows...it's no use once u have Z|A...truly...

Post the same answer to every tom,dick & harry just because because they are new to the forums?
Mate the "Search" button located at the top right corner is there for a purpose.
To give you a idea of its magical features :D :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30110&highlight=windows+firewall
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15701&highlight=windows+firewall
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18269&highlight=windows+firewall
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15705&highlight=windows+firewall
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9611&highlight=windows+firewall

And as far as the post cause it doesnt hurt kinda thing I believe "best" w.r.t these subjects are subjective & depend on the requirements.

Afaik i'm doing my job of a mod pretty ok :wink:

OP
go4saket

go4saket

digen said:
Post the same answer to every tom,dick & harry just because because they are new to the forums?
Mate the "Search" button located at the top right corner is there for a purpose.

And as far as the post cause it doesnt hurt kinda thing I believe "best" w.r.t these subjects are subjective & depend on the requirements.

Well Mr.Digen, agreed that you are one of the trusted members, but how did you come to the conclusion that every new member is a tom, dick and harry. I dont think trusted members have any right to include such terms in their posts. And if you guys really think new members to be TDH, the first thing you should do is ask the administrators to stop new membership so that this forum can be confined to a few guys like you. Moreover, dont forget that you too were ones a new TDK here in this forum. So you better check your words before posting... :evil:

Apart from this, let me also tell you that I did try to search for the topic, but may be I have something going wrong, whenever I try to search fr any topic, huge number of topics are displayed, most of them not at all related to the topic I try to search for. I guess there is some mistake I am doing while searching.

If searching is the only alternative, you should also stop accepting related topics. I dont understand what harm it brings to you if a New TDH starts a topic again which was discussed long back. Why do guys like you forget that every day there are so many new members joining this forum and with every new topic, they are in some or the other way benifited.

Such comments weren't expected from a member like you. Really disappointed...

OP
go4saket

go4saket

digit427 said:
Dear members

I want to setup networking with my shop & godown situated far as 20km using telephone line.
Is it possible & what are the other source.
Please note that I cant afford more then 1.5k @ month
Please suggest something

Hello digit427. Welcome to the digit forum. As you are new to this forum, I just wanted to tell you that you have posted your question in the wrong place. You have posted your question in running topic. Rather, what you should be doing is start a new topic by clicking the new topic link on the QNA page. This will help you in getting much better and your topic oriented answers.

As you the asnwer of you question, I dont think you have any other alternative but go for a broadband connection at both your home and shop. A LAN connection is not possible as 20 KM is a bib big distance.

anomit

In the zone
go4saket said:
Well Mr.Digen, agreed that you are one of the trusted members, but how did you come to the conclusion that every new member is a tom, dick and harry. I dont think trusted members have any right to include such terms in their posts. And if you guys really think new members to be TDH, the first thing you should do is ask the administrators to stop new membership so that this forum can be confined to a few guys like you. Moreover, dont forget that you too were ones a new TDK here in this forum. So you better check your words before posting... :evil:

Apart from this, let me also tell you that I did try to search for the topic, but may be I have something going wrong, whenever I try to search fr any topic, huge number of topics are displayed, most of them not at all related to the topic I try to search for. I guess there is some mistake I am doing while searching.

If searching is the only alternative, you should also stop accepting related topics. I dont understand what harm it brings to you if a New TDH starts a topic again which was discussed long back. Why do guys like you forget that every day there are so many new members joining this forum and with every new topic, they are in some or the other way benifited.

Such comments weren't expected from a member like you. Really disappointed...

Hey hey,

don't get worked up, 'k?

Lemme tell ya frankly and honestly the question you have asked is simply too basic. Agreed forums are for getting help, but why don't you try to learn yourself such small things? You can't expect to be spoon fed on anything and everything.

This will also raise the standard of this forum one notch higher.

Unless one tries to learn by himself, he would never get the basics right. Go rummage thru the net. There is a wealth of information out there. Right from basic tutorials to high level technical papers, 1000 times more than what you can find in a book. And all of them for free :p
You only pay your surfing charges.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Thanks anomit! I do understand what you said, but the only thing is the kind ok words and language used. Agreed that one should learn and not be dependent on anyone, but there is a huge difference in the way you said and what digen said. My saying all that was not because I wanted the reply of my question reght here, but against the way digen presented his ideas.

Anyways, lets cool it out...

Kniwor

Learner
digen said:
Kniwor said:

u still did not say what's the problem u have in answering once u have decided on making a post on a thread like this......

is ur typing speed very very low or something...something like 1letter/sec.....so what's ur problem...

and let me tell u another thing...I've never used ur search features...and if ur trying to tell me that one should make a thread only if he does not find an answer anywhere else...then let there be no question asked......because answer to each and every question that u can tell me is available on internet...so i might never need to post here if i work hard enough...but i make posts because it is harder to find solution in other ways....we discourage this kind of posts because it is rather easy to search.....but not everyone knows how to use a search feature,efficiently...like i dont know....so that what is magic for u can be frustating for others...but we'll learn with time....and u cant smash someone opening a thread like this...

digen

Youngling
Whoa this thread has being going on ?
I dont have to provide or prove my answers to anyone here.
If anyone here was offended by my earlier post then I apologise,but I simply cant stand the fact that people with more than a 100 posts can be termed as "new".

Posting the same things again & again wont take you anywhere so I dont believe in doing it.

I'm locking this thread cause I dont find a reason to keep it alive among the many similar/same threads already floating,if anyone got any problems with that then contact other mods or the admin deep or raaabo.

theraven

Technomancer
kniwor plz be my guest and get ur answers elsewhere and stop posting here
if the thread exists new posts on the same topic will not be tolerated
kniwor and go4saket consider this a warning
another peep from either of u and ull get a free warning tag courtesy ... ME
if u dun like the way things are then by all means LEAVE

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
New Rule: Mods will post a link to an existing topic and THEN lock the thread. New members are not to be warned for not knowing the rules, but a link to the rules thread would be nice.

People with more than 100 posts are NOT new, so they should have read the rules by now. Still, no warnings for first offences please, and I am opening this thread again, let it run as the "Firewall" thread.

Also, go4Saket, when digen said "every Tom, Dick and Harry" he wasn't being insulting, it's just a phrase used very regularly in the English language. Try not to be offended by what is typed here or you will go mad in no time. 99% of the people on this forum are NOT rude, they may be curt or precise and say something in very few words, but they do not mean to be rude whatsoever.

As for Kniwor, when asking a question, it's just logical to search first. Wouldn't you rather get the answer right away? Sorry but your excuse of laziness just doesn't hack it here, should I allow the mySQL database to grow uncontrollably and have 98263409856210938465802713604856237845 topics just because a few people are too lazy to search? I don't think so.

Raven / Digen / all other mods, please take the time to explain why you say something. I know it's a tough job, especially when you guys look at hundreds of posts a day and sort out hundreds of problems, but still, I'd rather you replied to 50 posts less a day by taking the time to explain yourselves properly in the few replies you do make!

It's easy for us older members to forget that we were all new and unorganised here once upon a time :D

Let's give the "new generation" a break shall we :D

Raaabo

this thread alone gives us so much to learn regarding man management.kudos to raabo! that's how a true admin should be.

Anywayz getting back to the topic, anyone cangive here some information about the automatic norton firewall (or is it worm protection ? ) that took control over the windows sp2 firewall ? Later I installed Zone Alarm Pro.The spam killer is an added boon.It's hassle free and smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom