What do you think of "Digit forum redesign"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

Lost in speed
I like the thinkdigit forum for its content and the views that're being shared across.

I dont know whether i'm the only one getting this feeling. The forum design appears like 'Windows Classic' to me, giving an expression that something can be done to make it appear like 'Windows Aero'. I accept that CONTENT matters rather than the LOOK. But, most of the books are judged by their COVERS.

While thinkdigit.com has lots of eye-candy stuffs, why not forum section.
What do you think, Digitians?

Mods - Move to the required section or modify it, if needed.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yea, this is Windows 3.11 retro look.

We tried upgrading to vBulletin 4.2 but that failed because of a very odd reason. We will upgrade soon, that might make the forum look better,

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I remember all the times they tried to fix it. *shudders*:|
So I'm pretty happy with how it is right now.

digitaltab

In the zone
for me, getting aware of technology and increasing my knowledge here is all, it doesn't matter to me what interface they use to provide it, though new look may attract non tdf members/guests...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, it would have been upgraded successfully if proper space was allotted for the forum in Amazon cloud.

The website guys only allotted 2 GB. The database size is over 1 GB. And while converting database from vB 3.8 to vB 4.2 - it ran out of space. :|

Thankfully a back-up was taken before and we reverted back.

Hrishi

Classic/Retro look is okay for me , atleast I don't have to worry about speed , and bandwidth.What mostly matters is the posts.

But it would be great to have a hi-def version/theme.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The new one will still be retro. But may be a little more good looking.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
yea, this is Windows 3.11 retro look.

We tried upgrading to vBulletin 4.2 but that failed because of a very odd reason. We will upgrade soon, that might make the forum look better,

That's sad to hear. :|

Anyway.... just wishing whatever upgrades are done, we get a choice of a dark/darker theme. :)

Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom