[Praise] Western Digital internal hard drive RMA

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
2010: Purchased new HDD from SMC. Sent me Green instead of Blue.
*i.imgur.com/YSQR16d.jpg

2011: Drive failed. RMA and was sent a 1TB Black.
*i.imgur.com/ehfPUtg.jpg

2013-14: Drive died again. RMA and was sent a 1TB Black (rectified) which too died shortly. RMA'd and was sent a 2TB Black (rectified).
*i.imgur.com/aEeqVHF.jpg

PS: paid ~2150 for the original HDD. Currently 2TB Black retails for 10k.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^ congrats :) another feather for WD.
you seriously should check your psu first as your hdd is failing not the first or second time that too including a black.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Something tells me, the first time the Green drive was failed.. it was not without external (manual) force. :rolleyes:

saswat23

Human Spambot
But WD is now shipping refurb drvies instead of new replacement. Isnt it?

My friend recently RMA'd his WD Blue 500GB, got 500GB Black but it was clearly mentioned as refurb drive.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
But WD is now shipping refurb drvies instead of new replacement. Isnt it?

My friend recently RMA'd his WD Blue 500GB, got 500GB Black but it was clearly mentioned as refurb drive.

sent a 500gb blue with bad sectors and received a 500gb blue recertified :( :( :(
my 1st rma with WD....disappointed

saswat23

Human Spambot
But they are shipping recertified drives now.
@sam, did they send you a brand new drive or its also a recertified drive?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Way better than Seagate (Accel Frontline). You ship, they replace. no question asked.

I was using cx430v2 and Windows 7 why did I get bad sectors? I created a 100gb o.s. And 10gb data ppartition and remaining was unallocated
Only billing/sales application like tally was used for 1 year

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I was using cx430v2 and Windows 7 why did I get bad sectors? I created a 100gb o.s. And 10gb data ppartition and remaining was unallocated

From the beginning it made ticking noise when accessing something in rhythm with hdd led Light

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
But they are shipping recertified drives now.

maybe seagate too. in case of WD they explicitly mention it in the HDD itself that the drive is rectified.

@sam, did they send you a brand new drive or its also a recertified drive?

first RMA resulted in a new drive. after that all are rectified.

From the beginning it made ticking noise when accessing something in rhythm with hdd led Light

it depends on some amount of luck. sometimes a rectified drive may work for a long time whereas in other case it dies just the next day (like in my case).

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
maybe seagate too. in case of WD they explicitly mention it in the HDD itself that the drive is rectified.

first RMA resulted in a new drive. after that all are rectified.

it depends on some amount of luck. sometimes a rectified drive may work for a long time whereas in other case it dies just the next day (like in my case).

I meant the clicking sound was from the 1st drive and not the replacement drive

Top Bottom