Weird referall email in new laptop

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

My friend purchased a Harassement-Packard laptop today and have received additional 2 gigs for 12 months as a part of the promotional collaboration between Dropbox and Harassement-Packard. But he has also received another 500 MB's as a referral from some jatin10890@gmail.com email id. Check this-

Hi xxxx,

Welcome to Dropbox! For accepting jatin10890@gmail.com's invitation, we've given you 500 MB more space for free. You now have a total of 2.5 GB on Dropbox.

Happy Dropboxing!
- The Dropbox Team

P.S. To get even more space, invite your friends or upgrade your Dropbox.

My friend does't know any such person. Harassement-Packard has confirmed that the mail address does not pertain to them and that we need to contact Dropbox regarding the same. Dropbox replied that we need to contact OEM as Harassement-Packard modifies their machines before launching them in the market. Is it safe to use dropbox now?

Regards

invisiblebond

Journeyman
Install Internet Security software, update and scan if there any any trojan/virus

Dropbox referral program
Earn more space by referring friends
Earn more space by referring friends - Dropbox Help - Dropbox (SG

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Install Internet Security software, update and scan if there any any trojan/virus

Dropbox referral program
Earn more space by referring friends
Earn more space by referring friends - Dropbox Help - Dropbox (SG

Please read the post properly before replying. Thanks.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hi Guys,

My friend purchased a Harassement-Packard laptop today and have received additional 2 gigs for 12 months as a part of the promotional collaboration between Dropbox and Harassement-Packard. But he has also received another 500 MB's as a referral from some jatin10890@gmail.com email id. Check this-

Hi xxxx,

Welcome to Dropbox! For accepting jatin10890@gmail.com's invitation, we've given you 500 MB more space for free. You now have a total of 2.5 GB on Dropbox.

Happy Dropboxing!
- The Dropbox Team

P.S. To get even more space, invite your friends or upgrade your Dropbox.

My friend does't know any such person. Harassement-Packard has confirmed that the mail address does not pertain to them and that we need to contact Dropbox regarding the same. Dropbox replied that we need to contact OEM as Harassement-Packard modifies their machines before launching them in the market. Is it safe to use dropbox now?

Regards

Somewhere your clicked on Dropbox referral link, I don't think its an issue.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Somewhere your clicked on Dropbox referral link, I don't think its an issue.

No dear he just created a new account from the preinstalled Dropbox software in the system. We also purchased a Harassement-Packard laptop few months back, the same thing happened to us. We didn't care about it because we don't use it and we deleted those mails too. Later on our system was replaced and we deleted the software without even opening it. So, if we get that kinda referral mails from the preinstalled software, is it safe to use and how did that happen?

swatkat

Technomancer
All software pre-installed by laptop vendors are pure junk. Only thing that should be pre-installed is OS. It's better to remove those pre-installed junkware.

A

amit.tiger12

You know nothing...

You can find many emails lying everywhere on Google. I have a list of many email addresses that i don't know, from orkut, facebook, yahoo, Nimbuzz, and many more.
I also got invitation from unknown email address. And I am still using this dropbox account. And by sending invitation to many unknown emails, i earned 19 gb storage.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
You know nothing...

You can find many emails lying everywhere on Google. I have a list of many email addresses that i don't know, from orkut, facebook, yahoo, Nimbuzz, and many more.
I also got invitation from unknown email address. And I am still using this dropbox account. And by sending invitation to many unknown emails, i earned 19 gb storage.

The query here is a lil' different dear.

Top Bottom