weird harddisk problem...please help????

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthik55859

Broken In
from 5 days i am encountering ... harddisk problem.....i have WD 320gb*2 disks config...in RAID 0 mode....
1]at first ...one of the harddisk does not detect at all in BIOS...then i removed the cables and reconnect them firmly....then it detects....from then it shows error message as shown in pic below...
*inlinethumb21.webshots.com/40596/2110789960103661503S600x600Q85.jpg

2]i am feeling gradual drop in performance of these two hardisks....like...videos are starting lately...etc.etc..copy & paste
3]after 1 day when windows starts it automatically took checkdisk program for D drive.....then after completing 5 stages...it showed 8kb in BAD SECTORS.....
4]then i try to defrag... the D drive using O&O defrag software.....it stucks at 37%....it defrag all other drives as normally....
5]some times during in windows it freezes,hangs up......i had to restart myself using restart button.....and also sometimes it also starts very slowly......almost 3min..appx.

pl z help

moshel

Padawan
5]some times during in windows it freezes,hangs up......i had to restart myself using restart button.....and also sometimes it also starts very slowly......almost 3min..appx.

pl z help

:p:p:p:p:p

sorry cudnt help myself from posting it.....:p

anyways back to the topic....once u got bad sectors, u have 2 options 1. ask for replacement if in warranty. 2. make a partition on the hard disk where the bad sectors reside...i dont know the method...but just google it....

secondly i have read somewhere (i guess in DIGIT only) that there is data loss and stuff in RAID 0 configurations...probably some problem because of that...

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah backup your important data elsewhere..for if the problem hard disk failed then you will be left high and dry with nothing to recover from..

Status
Not open for further replies.