weird bug related to "Post your latest purchase thread"

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
the bug is, if any one opens this thread - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/45694-post-your-latest-purchase.html

and then tries to browse the forum...the forum becomes slow and pages top loading. Everything times out for 20 minutes.

Anyone facing this problem?

jasku

In the zone
Yup, happened for me too, the forum was in accessible after I opened that thread and clicked "new posts", @ico provided a solution of disconnecting and coming back, not sure whats going on.

amjath

Human Spambot
Re: weird bug related to "Post your latest purchase thread"

I am facing too, if TDF in one browser timed out then all browser timed out too

PS: Post your purchase thread loaded fully this time saw d3p's last post, but page still not loaded completely on refresh it goes kaput

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Yup, happened for me too, the forum was in accessible after I opened that thread and clicked "new posts", @ico provided a solution of disconnecting and coming back, not sure whats going on.

Disconnecting and coming back does not work for me. I have to wait it out :(

Hrishi

Even if one of the user tried to view the page , the site stops responding for everyone else probably , because in morning I tried that page from a Different IP (it opened in first try and then in second attempt it gave problems ) , and when I tried accessing it from another IP , it was unavailable.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
IMO, Digitians are having problem in that thread because its one of the huge most threads on TDF.
638 pages full of High Quality Images, "thanks" and "pics or it didn't happen" s are causing the problem.
cant we create a new thread for that ?
or archive the old posts and delete them to make the thread a bit less huge.

please let me know if my logic is wrong.
I am just guessing.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Working fine on my side.

Edit : Even am affected with that issue. The problem happened when it was opened in the same tab.
Earlier I had clicked on the link on the opening post which had opened up the thread in a new tab and there was no issue. But when I opened it through my User CP, the problem stuck me.
I even tried opening with Firefox and IE, but the forum refused to open (even www.thinkdigit.com didn't open). Had to restart the modem to solve the issue. Even checked with *www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/(which said the website is up) when the problem was still there.

Last edited:

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
I posted a comment and then deleted it.
its working fine here.
It just takes some more seconds to load only that thread on my side, Probably because of the Images.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
For me firefox explicitly states that the connection times out. Besides, the whole forum stops working.

I'm certain it is because of thread size.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I went in. I navigated couple of pages. I remained there for few min. And then got the hell out.
Nothing happened.

Looks, like it's a big "placebo" effect. :p

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Okay, so now the bug has changed for me. The full thread does not load, and the forum times out after sujoyp's post, which I've been trying to respond to for ages now, loads. The remaining posts do not load for me anymore.

amjath

Human Spambot
Okay, so now the bug has changed for me. The full thread does not load, and the forum times out after sujoyp's post, which I've been trying to respond to for ages now, loads. The remaining posts do not load for me anymore.

Posts in that thread loads fully but quick reply box did not load when i click reply to quote "Timed out" pops.

Page loads fully and I commented on "Post your Purchase" thread Fianlly

BTW one of my comment from this thread disappeared
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/175301-ea-increase-pc-game-prices.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom