Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Actually, it depends on your use and purpose. If you host a static site, even a lower config will be fine and you may look for cheaper options. If you have a dynamic site with many visitors, you may need good setup.

Wenhosting forums may not always give you accurate info. You will get info about big players there. But there are plenty of smaller players whose information won't be there or there will be inaccurate info. But they could provide really good service as well!

But in the end keep one thing in mind. You get what you pay for. And one golden rule in hosting - if something is too good to be true, it is probably not true :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
plans look to good to be true !! but again u never know ... as the funda of over selling is very tricky, if they sell their hosting (by mean of over selling) to 100 people and if the 90 of those people never use the said ammount of Disk space or Bandwidth rest of those 10 people may get way with using 100 % of the account :)

tuxfan

Technomancer
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
I wont say much because i have worked with Charegertek :grin:

You should give your frank opinion on forums. But this is how I look at it :p Since you are not saying, you only have something bad to say about them :mrgreen:

But overselling is not the biggest culprit. People falling for insane offers in the first place and then shouting later.
True. But hosting providers really take ignorants for a ride!! IMHO, in this one line, people are cheated the most due to lack of knowledge. :rolleyes:

UPDATE:
:confused: sukhdeepsinghkohli!! You deleted your post! But I got it before you deleted it!! :mrgreen:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@sukhdeepsinghkohli

hey me to wonder why u have deleted the Post ??

Tux is right... its a publick forum... you may post your frank opinion without any hesitation !!!!!

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Well, here i go :)

Chargertek had a pretty good reputation when they used to work with RTG. Later, all broke up and Chargertek had some pretty bad records after August.

Now, it has been acquired by Adam (IGCHosting.com) and i think it is working good now. Not sure.

SHOUVIK is the guy who owns Chargertek India. I think Chargertek is now working good after Adam (IGCHosting.com) took over :)

As for people falling for Insane offers, well i think it goes like this:

1. They will start with Free Hosting and free *kiddy* hosters will bomb them with stupid offers.
Look at the *CRAZY Request of the day* :D ROFL
*freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?p=844330

2. Once they grow big, they think they need GIGS of space and TB's of Bandwidth. This is where Dreamhost, Servage, Site5 all come to ripoff. Offering one of those Ridiculous package with safety of *yearly payments* or *one time setup fees* they ripoff people quite well.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
how about net4domains? I am about to register with them. Mine is a static site of a Company who is putting it up for satisfying sebi guidelines.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
me am happy with tuxfan's :D (dude.. where's ur green name?!)
For anything else.. FreeWebs is there to lean on...
I mix low space with PicasaWeb/Box.net/WordPress/FreeWebs/whatever resource found useful... :D

kooldude

Broken In
If you are looking out for free webspace go for *www.50webs.com

And if you want good setup at cheap prices you can go for - *www.indialinks.com

tuxfan

Technomancer
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:

1. They will start with Free Hosting and free *kiddy* hosters will bomb them with stupid offers.

That is one truly insane request!! 35 GB / 120 GB of free hosting. ROFL

koolbluez said:
me am happy with tuxfan's :grin: (dude.. where's ur green name?!)
Thanks for a "testimonial" :mrgreen:. BTW, I am not a mod any longer so my name won't appear in gree. I resigned long back. :p

Ramakrishnan said:
how about net4domains? I am about to register with them. Mine is a static site of a Company who is putting it up for satisfying sebi guidelines.
It should not matter much since it is a basic / static site. However, I would recommend you look around for options. I am personally not too fond of net4domains hosting. Few very basic reasons are their below average hosting control panel, restrictions on email addresses, lack of information on their site, etc. Best thing is to try a pre-sales chat/email correspondence with them and see how it goes.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
as far tux's hosting goes... one thing i have felt over this few months the UPTIME roocks... me and my frnds together have account with all most all big players... every one of it had downtime, but never had any issue of down time with TUX's hosting... thats what i like most about it... apart from that i have not noticed any other spciallity on it.. just that solid uptime.. :)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
tuxfan said:
That is one truly insane request!! 35 GB / 120 GB of free hosting. ROFL

Not only that, he wants it for providing *illegal* files :D and what really make me :shock: is that he still gets offers. Just CRAZY :D

tuxfan

Technomancer
saurav_cheeta said:
as far tux's hosting goes... one thing i have felt over this few months the UPTIME roocks... me and my frnds together have account with all most all big players... every one of it had downtime, but never had any issue of down time with TUX's hosting... thats what i like most about it... apart from that i have not noticed any other spciallity on it.. just that solid uptime.. :)

Thanks for the testomonial :)

Uptime for Jan was 99.92% (mainly because of 35 min downtime on 24.1.2007). Feb and Mar 100% :D Touch wood!!

Anyway, while we are talking about uptime, here is some interesting piece of information :D
Downtime in 2007 for the 20 most popular websites

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Not only that, he wants it for providing *illegal* files :D and what really make me :shock: is that he still gets offers. Just CRAZY :D
ROFL!! Really crazy people out there providing with us some doze of humour :D

Last edited:

cancer10

ClubHost.in
Well, here i go :)

Chargertek had a pretty good reputation when they used to work with RTG. Later, all broke up and Chargertek had some pretty bad records after August.

Now, it has been acquired by Adam (IGCHosting.com) and i think it is working good now. Not sure.

SHOUVIK is the guy who owns Chargertek India. I think Chargertek is now working good after Adam (IGCHosting.com) took over :)

2. Once they grow big, they think they need GIGS of space and TB's of Bandwidth. This is where Dreamhost, Servage, Site5 all come to ripoff. Offering one of those Ridiculous package with safety of *yearly payments* or *one time setup fees* they ripoff people quite well.

Seems you have done your homework well :D

Regards
Shouvik

Status
Not open for further replies.