Watch out for these upcoming PC titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

1. Neverwinter Nights 2:Mask Of The Betrayer(Oct 9, 2007)

Description - Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer is set just after the original game, with players starting trapped beneath the earth.

Official Site

Reference 1, 2

Images
*img261.imageshack.us/img261/6846/neverwinternights2maskoeu5.th.jpg

Gamespot Review 8.0

IGN review 8.5

2. Tabula Rasa(Oct 30, 2007)

Description - Immerse yourself in an epic galactic conflict, switching your character's career path whenever you like and using martial arts and esoteric weapons to defeat your enemy.

Official Site

Reference 1, 2

Images
*img167.imageshack.us/img167/8806/tabularasakn8.th.jpg

3. Crysis(Next Gen Sic Fi FPS) - November 16 2007

Description - Does it need a description???Everyone knows what crysis is gonna do to pc gaming.Anyways,small description,Crysis is a Sci-Fi FPS game for the PC, where mankind must struggle to survive in the face of an alien invasion.

Official Site - 1, 2

Reference -1, 2, 3, 4

*www.incrysis.com/

Images
*img508.imageshack.us/img508/8248/crysisaw6.th.jpg

Demo Torrent Download Link

Minimum System Requirements

Windows XP:

· CPU: Intel P4 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon 2800+ / Intel Core 2.0 GHz
or higher

· RAM: 1.0 GB

· Hard Drive: 6 GB or more of free space

· Video: NVIDIA 6800 GT 256 MB / ATI 9800 Pro or better

· Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

4. Assassin's Creed(TPS with an edge) - TBA 2008(Exact Date not know,Is a must have,and one more thing.....is a Must have)

Description - The first game in the Assassin's Creed franchise is set in 1191 AD, when the Third Crusade was tearing the Holy Land apart.

Official Site - 1, 2

Official Forum

Reference 1, 2

Images
*img521.imageshack.us/img521/4176/assassinscreed1tb1.th.jpg

Gamespot Assassin's Creed Hands On

5. Half Life 2 Orange Box(Collection Of 4 Action FPS-Half Life 2 Episode 1 & 2,Portal,Team Fortress 2) - October 10 2007

Description -
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box includes the original Half Life 2, Episodes One and Two, Team Fortress 2, and an additional single-player game called Portal.

Official Site

Reference 1, 2

Images
*img521.imageshack.us/img521/8555/halflife2orangebox1uw6.th.jpg

Gamespot Review Editor's Choice 9.5

IGN Review 9.5

6. Unreal Tournament 3(Sci Fi Action FPS) - November 19, 2007 <- Good News For Gamers

Description - Unreal Tournament 3 is the next installment in Epic Games' popular sci-fi shooter series.

Official Site

official Forum

Reference

Images
*img409.imageshack.us/img409/2831/unrealtournament31pa4.th.jpg

Minimum System Requirements
Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
512 Mbytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

7. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

Description - Opposing Fronts is a satisfying follow-up to last year's thrilling Company of Heroes, packing more of the intense World War II real-time strategy action.

Official Site

Reference

Review By IGN-8.8

Review By Gamespot-8.0

Images
*img221.imageshack.us/img221/8062/cohoffd2.th.jpg

8. Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties

Description - New playable Asian civilizations and wonders come alongside new ways of winning and trading in this second expansion pack for Age of Empires III.

Official Site

Reference - 1,2

Images
*img229.imageshack.us/img229/5965/aoe3xv6.th.jpg

9. Universe at War: Earth Assault

Description - A combat-intensive real-time strategy game that enlists players in an epic struggle to prevent total alien domination of planet Earth.

Reference - 1,2

Official Site

Official Forum

Images
*img219.imageshack.us/img219/7004/unuverseatwarrc4.th.jpg

10. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Description - Forged Alliance is a standalone follow-up to Supreme Commander, and it introduces a powerful new alien faction in addition to a new campaign and new units.

Official Site

Official Forum

Reference - 1,2

Images
*img477.imageshack.us/img477/3100/supremecommanderho6.th.jpg

11. SimCity Societies

Description - SimCity returns with a focus on the different "social energies" that buildings can create, and how these energies shape unique urban societies

Official Site

Reference - 1,2

Images
*img296.imageshack.us/img296/2522/simcitysocietiesum1.th.jpg

12. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Description - Kane & Lynch: Dead Men is a third person action game that features co-op play with squad tactics.

Official Site

Reference - 1,2

Images
*img204.imageshack.us/img204/332/kaneandlynchdeadmenhq4.th.jpg

13. World in Conflict (Definitely a must have for RTS fans)

Description - World in Conflict is a thrilling, spectacular strategy game, and an even better multi-player experience.

Official Site

Official Forum

Reference With Reviews - 1,2

Images
*img218.imageshack.us/img218/8936/worldinconflictlp8.th.jpg

Download Demo for World In Conflict

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Offtopic Hey dude will 8600GT be able to play assassin's creed and Crysis at medium to high settings??

I heard Assassin's creed is gonna be a helluva game.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
The_Devil_Himself said:
Offtopic Hey dude will 8600GT be able to play assassin's creed and Crysis at medium to high settings??

I heard Assassin's creed is gonna be a helluva game.
I was offline for a few days.My brother told me that nvidia is gonna release the Geforce 8700 GTS and GTX model Graphics cards based on the G92 architecture.The reason why nvidia is doing this is because of the poor performance of 8600GT which sometimes performs poorer than a 7600GT.This poor performance credit goes to nvidia spending little time with the 8600 core.However I expect that the 8700s will be really good as nvidia would have corrected their mistake.Coming back to your query a test squad has stated that their is a significant performance improvement with 163.44 drivers and now even newer drivers for support Enemy Territory Quake wars demo are out.The DirectX 10 performance of 8600Gt is good but i don't know if it fairs well in DirectX 9 but that's what's important cause assassin's creed will be DirectX 9.As far as crysis is concerned don't worry about its cause its been optimized ground up for the pc so expect good performance at 1024*768 at medium-high(not ultra)settings in DirectX 10.If Assassin's creed is under nvidia's The way Its meant to be played program then the 8600Gt will fair well,note crysis is already under this program.

entrana said:
harvy spelling edit please on your first post, hellgate london role playing not roll playing

u cud also add neverwinter nights 2 mask of the betrayer because im sure many people like neverwinter nights 2 and want the official expansion, its in my want list
also add tabula rasa, brother in arms hells highway, kane and lynch dead men
and how can u not add fallout 3

harvy where are you edit this we have to make this one of the best sticky threads
Sorry @entrana i didn't add Brother In Arms Hells Highway,Kane and Lynch Dead Men and Fallout 3 cause the release dates for these games are still not decided and also these games will probably be released a lot later.

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Thanks dude.I heard 8700GT will be priced around 9k(199$) initially so you think it is worth waiting for instead of buying 8600GT now?The 128bit interface of 8600 series su*ks big time.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
The_Devil_Himself said:
Thanks dude.I heard 8700GT will be priced around 9k(199$) initially so you think it is worth waiting for instead of buying 8600GT now?The 128bit interface of 8600 series su*ks big time.
Yes the wait is worth it.I am also going to buy an 8700GTS(512 MB 256 BIT) this December or when its available for my older machine which i use for surfing,i am gonna upgrade it as it almost dies sometimes on boot.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
cool harvy ur back anyways im just suggesting games to make the thread better btw what happened to ur net
update the first page too most people see the first page not other pages

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
entrana said:
cool harvy ur back anyways im just suggesting games to make the thread better btw what happened to ur net
As always the net was down for 3 days.This is regular here.It goes atleast two times a month,in the beginning and in the end of the month.I have heard that sify has a Rs1.1 k unlimited plan but sify is the worst ISP as many people have complained against sify for unfair trade practices .And its the only alternative i have.

Its not possible to add more than 15 images in one post,however i have given the link to the new page and will always do so and inform the members as to which pages to visit for the list of games.Oh i heard gamer tv gotta go.Already saw that one on the net.

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
[off topic]Don't ever think of sify they are the worst ISP in the history of broadband(atleast in INDIA).Go for AIRTEL if it is available at your place.[/off topic]

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i use sify and i use that unlimited plan what a luck ^_^
one thing great i experience here is that they NEVER have downtimes and like 3 times in a year slowdowns but its all good its just expensive which i dont like but here too i dont have any alternatives, and bsnl and other stuff are full of sh!t and give things that they are not capable to offer so i suggest if sify is fine for u get it

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
If sify works for you then that is some real good luck.Anyways I was suggesting if Airtel is available then go for it otherwise go for sify.

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
Guys, if anyone gets to know "Half Life 2 Orange Box" has been released in India, plz let me know as early as possible...thank u......:).....:razz:

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I have got my hands on Medal Of Honor Airborne and will download Enemy Territory: Quake Wars demo today.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I played the Demo for Enemy Territory Quake Wars.I recommend it to anyone who wants to play a multi-player FPS game and has a decent broadband connection.BTW the single player mode sucks.The graphics are awesome due to the over tweaked Doom 3 engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.