wat is 7in1 card reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisjr

In the zone
hi ter,

could anyone tell me wat is a 7 in 1 card reader..wat purpose it solves.Is it a necessity....

Can be used to read xD, SD, MMC, CF etc cards. Plugs into a comp via USB. Not sure what purpose it serves as you can plug a camera or phone (that use these cards) directly to a comp. Why use a reader??

Unless you're using these cards to move data between comps, and don't have a camera etc that can read them. SD cards are less than AUD 125 for 1 Gb capacity. That's cheaper than an USB flash drive.

Some notebooks come with these card readers on board.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
The reason why card readers are used is that you can easily read/write large amounts of data off them without straining the batteries of your device. Also, if you have multiple cards (different formats), then it is easier to use a single card reader rather than switch around the devices that use the cards. :D

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
This is a great piece of addon for people having digital cameras and cell phones that take these mem cards. I have also seen people use these as portable data carriers rather than buy a pen / thumb drive, the logic given is higher capacity at a lower price.
I too shall buy one of these readers when the sony w800i cell is launched.

Nemesis said:
The reason why card readers are used is that you can easily read/write large amounts of data off them without straining the batteries of your device. Also, if you have multiple cards (different formats), then it is easier to use a single card reader rather than switch around the devices that use the cards. :D

Ah, never thought about that before. Maybe because I've always stuck with a single format (SD).

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
hi ter everyone..well now i get it.having said tat,i hav a sony handycam DCR HC40 and nokia 6610 & i keep forgeting that 7series rectangular nokia phone with tapered edges..aneways..i dont know wat type of crad both use but i wanna say shift images,pics from the handycam and applications,songs from PC tp my phone.wil tat serve my prupose..i heard that the card reader is dirt cheap now a days..wil tat work with USB 1.1....

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
just check out ebay the site is full of them costs about Rs 600/- and the item claimes to be 15 in one reader.

15 in 1 Card Reader/Writer

Item Description

You're bidding on a brand new 15 in 1 USB 2.0, USB 1.1 card reader/writer. This nifty little unit will enable you to transfer your digital files between your computer and just about any flash media card available (CF, MD, SD, MMC, SM, MS, MS-PRO, MS-MAGIC-GATE, MS-DUO, XD, RS-MMC, mini-SD), and, because it is USB 2.0 ready, it will do so at lightning speed.
Features

USB bus powered device, no external power needed, plug & play for USB 1.1, USB 2.0. With up-stream data rate of 12MB/s
Perfect mate for digital camera, digital audio player, PDA, communcation devices, and other digital electronic devices with storage features.
Supports Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Mac 8.6, 9.0+, 10.0+ or above.
Hot swappable and USB Mass Storage supported.

Package Contains

* Card Reader
* Drive CD
* USB Extension Cable
* User's Manual

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
hey wats the company name of ur reader abhinav..let me know.is it working fine.tel the waranty period etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom