Washing Machine this Diwali ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi,

This Diwali i m going 2 buy a washing 4 my mom....so dont have ne idea abt which
brand 2 choose,what features 2 look,what points 2 keep in mind....:D

So...need help on above queries ?

I know there brilliant users out there in this forum...:cool:

PS: budget is below 10k.....:cool:

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
I heard IFB is very good. But it is expensive and is front load..

AND yES..HERE WE HAVE SOME GOOD USERS WHO KNOWS ALL ABOUT
WASHING MACHINE, TOOTHBRUSH, CHAPPALS....watever

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
*www.ifbappliances.com/home_appliances/index.php..AND YES THEY
HAVE NOW TOPLOADERS..

Man i am not promoting them.. There are negative reviews too as usual ...So
you check with your local home aplliances sales guys..They will know much better

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I don't know much about Washing machines, but recently a friend purchased an LG washing machine.

It is a top loader and is fully automatic I think.

Let me contact him, so I can provide you with details.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
IFB Elite, 5 kg load, front loader, hot wash option present, 600-800 rpm spin. Have it for three years now, no problems, good machine.
Front loaders use less water and power when compared to top loaders. Top loaders are useful for those with back problems, who find it difficult to bend

vilas_patil

Journeyman
@KaranTh85 I purchased Whirlpool H65 (Uploaded) for Rs 15000/- 18 months back.
And no probs at all till date.
I have done lot of R & D before I purchased it... let me note down below so it would be helpful to you :)

My first choice was IFB front loaded but did not go for it because got to know the following facts from R & D on net ( read lot of reviews) and most importantly got feed back from one of my colleague who has IFB front loaded one
a. require fixed place as it is quite heavy and moving the machine frequently is not possible. I stay in rented flat so does not suit me.
b. Consumes lot of water compared to uploaded machines.
c. Consumes lot of ele power compared to uploaded machines.
d. Not suitable for very dirty cloths.

Then I started searching for uploaded fully automatic.. and settled for Whirlpool H65 (Uploaded) fully automated.
Advantages..
-- Hot wash feature [very useful to wash very dirty cloths]
-- Lot of features like quick wash, only swing etc.
-- Very easy to move this machine from one place to other.
-- uploaded
-- less consumption of water & power compared to front loaded.
-- Customer service is quite satisfactory

Disadvantages
-- Minimum One hour it takes to wash even less quantity of cloths. Basically I have
seen all fully automated machine does take this much time.
-- difficult to find its spare parts in the market, however the customer service center provides you without much waiting time. Actually speaking this machine did not gave even a minor problem since I purchased it. I did not take the optional accessories like Machine Stand and Cover at the time of purchasing [this was a mistake]. Later realized that stand is not available in local market so called customer care and got these two things. Stand for Rs 900/- and cover for Rs400. It's worth it. This is must.

One more thing.. there is a LG uploaded fully automated machine with hot wash facility saw in advertisement.. have a look at it.

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

never heard of IFB brand..but will check dat also....
thanx 2 all 4 posting....
i guess uploaded = toploader

well i'll b buying toploader only....

Btw: does the star ratings (i guess out 5) stickers of electric consumption affect the bill or not ?? :confused:

i mean if i go 4..a **** machine then...dat will be too costly(out of my budget) :D

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
@KaranTh85 I purchased Whirlpool H65 (Uploaded) for Rs 15000/- 18 months back.
And no probs at all till date.
I have done lot of R & D before I purchased it... let me note down below so it would be helpful to you :)

My first choice was IFB front loaded but did not go for it because got to know the following facts from R & D on net ( read lot of reviews) and most importantly got feed back from one of my colleague who has IFB front loaded one
a. require fixed place as it is quite heavy and moving the machine frequently is not possible. I stay in rented flat so does not suit me.

Then I started searching for uploaded fully automatic.. and settled for Whirlpool H65 (Uploaded) fully automated.
Advantages..
-- Hot wash feature [very useful to wash very dirty cloths]
-- Lot of features like quick wash, only swing etc.
-- Very easy to move this machine from one place to other.
-- uploaded
-- less consumption of water & power compared to front loaded.
-- Customer service is quite satisfactory

Disadvantages
-- Minimum One hour it takes to wash even less quantity of cloths. Basically I have
seen all fully automated machine does take this much time.
-- difficult to find its spare parts in the market, however the customer service center provides you without much waiting time. Actually speaking this machine did not gave even a minor problem since I purchased it. I did not take the optional accessories like Machine Stand and Cover at the time of purchasing [this was a mistake]. Later realized that stand is not available in local market so called customer care and got these two things. Stand for Rs 900/- and cover for Rs400. It's worth it. This is must.

One more thing.. there is a LG uploaded fully automated machine with hot wash facility saw in advertisement.. have a look at it.

That was quite enlightening

vilas_patil

Journeyman
Nothing like that..... those are the rating calculated on the basis of consumer satisfaction/ positive reviews etc has to do nothing with the price..

you are right Top loaded = uploaded

iinfi

mekalodu
i wud recommend toshiba.

we bought one model AW8450S. its rocking till now. and with our recommendation almost 5 of our relatives v bought it. no problems till date. you mite get better models now.
visit the dealer n find out. but ur 10k budget... hmmm. i dunno whether it will fit in it.

still visit the dealer n have a look at the toshiba models... u will like it.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

i wud recommend toshiba.

we bought one model AW8450S. its rocking till now. and with our recommendation almost 5 of our relatives v bought it. no problems till date. you mite get better models now.
visit the dealer n find out. but ur 10k budget... hmmm. i dunno whether it will fit in it.

still visit the dealer n have a look at the toshiba models... u will like it.

Toshiba....hmmm

new recommended list :
Whirlpool,LG,IFB,Toshiba....:D

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
@vilas_patil

As having IFB for around a year, I can say that it is very energy efficient, consume really less water than any other washing machine (that my relatives/friends have). Some one has really mislead you. Me too purchased only after doing some research and personally saw the operation of an IFB washing machine at my friend's home.

So Karan, I suggest you ask your relatives/friends how they feel about the machine they have and how less troublesome they are?

1. should be energy efficient
2. should use less energy
3. convenience (you may prefer top loading against front, but consumes more water)
4. problems
5. availability of spares in case of replacement/ service centres

I do accept that this is a heavy machine, but not too heavy to complain surely would not be a burden transporting. Bet your refrigerator is heavier.

vilas_patil

Journeyman
@lywyre .. Well I haven't used IFB so I cannot give accurate feedback on the same, only I have collected the info from various sources. As you have used it personally your point of view is acceptable. One more thing, I was not talking about shifting difficulty for IFB machine rather I was talking about day to day moving the machine from one location to other in-house, as we do keep the machine in bedroom and move it to the near by passage to bathroom while washing cloths. And I was told by the IFB support Engineer that IFB being a heavy machine and heavily vibrations due to its powerful motor needs to have fixed place at house and would be difficult to move every time as I do it, due to space constraint.

NucleusKore

TheSaint

When you read any review on any product use your common sense.

When a front loader washes clothes does the whole drum fill with water?
NO, but when a top loader does, it fills right to the top if you are running a full load. So how does that save water :confused:

It will consume more power than a top loader only if the heater is turned on.

Not very suitable for dirty cloths?? Go to any industry - hotel, hospital, etc and see whether their machines are front loaders or top loaders :) If what the reviewer says about water and power saving wouldn't they all be using top loaders ?? :) Also note that front loader automatics require a special detergent powder different from top loaders. I use Henkomatic.

A few more positive points about front loaders:
The washing action of a front loader resembles washing by hand (like they traditionally do on the stone).
Clothes come out near dry due to high rpm spin, especially the 1200 rpm models.

Advantage of top loader:
Good for people with low back or neck problems and those who have difficulty in bending.
Short wash cycle - 45 minutes for a regular wash in my first washing machine, a BPL top loader, compared to my IFB - 1 hour 15 min for quick wash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom