Wanted to Upgrade my PC

Garv1386

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

I have this configuration, now i want to upgrade it.

Below is the configuration:

1. Motherboard: MSI 880GM-E41

2. Processor: Phenom II X2 555 B.E.

3. RAM: Corsair 2x 2 GB Value Select 1333 MHz

4. Hard disk: Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB WD7502AAEX
5. DVD Writer: HP dvd 1260t DVD Writer

6. Power Supply: Zeblin ZL 450W-P4

Motherboard has inbuild Graphics card

Please suggest me a good configuration and what are the things i can use from the above.

[h=2]ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST[/h]
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:FPS Games (Crysis 3, Far Cry 3,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare,Metro 2033, Assassin's Creed seies....) , Internet surfing, Watching Movies & Programming Java & C++

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:20 - 25k, Can be extended

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Win 8 (Already have)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Will manage with current

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No,
AOC F19S Monitor 19' 1366 x 768

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: DVD writer, HDD, Monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as i decide on final config

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:
I wil do it my self

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Faridabad, Nehru Palace &
i am open to online purchase as well

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Guys i want to make best use of my current configuration, i want to use new configuration for next 1- 2 years after upgrade, i have Microtek 800VA UPS will it be good enough for new configuration

Please help me in deciding my new PC Configuration

Thanks
Gaurav Arora

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sell your currentcpu+mobo .. expect to get ~3.5k

First get a new PSU like Seasonic S12II 520 @ 4k
AMD FX 6300 CPu @ 7.5k
Asus M5a97 R2.0 @ 6.5k or Evo for 1k more.
Next you need to get a new gpu .. look for GTX 650 Ti Boost at 11.5k but you

keep your current ram modules and use the stock cpu cooler for now - the above config is overshooting your budget by 1k but worth the extra.

Sell your currentcpu+mobo .. expect to get ~3.5k

First get a new PSU like Seasonic S12II 520 @ 4k
AMD FX 6300 CPu @ 7.5k
Asus M5a97 R2.0 @ 6.5k or Evo for 1k more.
Next you need to get a new gpu .. look for GTX 650 Ti Boost at 11.5k but you

keep your current ram modules and use the stock cpu cooler for now - the above config is overshooting your budget by 1k but worth the extra.

+1 for this. You can also op for HD7850 instead of GTX650ti boost.

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, GTX 650 Ti Boost perform similarly when compared to HD 7850 and available at cheaper price.

Cilus

laborare est orare
More or less same. Not everyone is fond of playing with GPU frequencies and for minor overclocking, both are same.

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
Can i change mobo & keep current Prossy as its a Black Edition & invest money in ram, GPU,Keyboard,PSU,cabinet & what about about UPS. Friends please suggest one gaming keyboard & mouse, if this is possible i will buy prossy few months later

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
there's some big performance difference between quad core and dual core cpu when it comes to modern games and the price of ram is not very cheap right now. A gaming KB+Mouse can be added later anytime so better concentrate more on the core components first like a strong psu, cpu, gpu and motehrboard as the base foundation ;-)

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
there's some big performance difference between quad core and dual core cpu when it comes to modern games and the price of ram is not very cheap right now. A gaming KB+Mouse can be added later anytime so better concentrate more on the core components first like a strong psu, cpu, gpu and motehrboard as the base foundation ;-)

I understand what u r suggesting, i want to with that but things have changed a bit my budget has been reduced asi have to buy i laptop for my younger brother so that's why i masking can i pair current processor with new mobo.

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
Guys my budget has been reduced to 15k now so now i will upgrade in parts so plz help keeping new budget in mind

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, just change the PSu and get a gfx card for now .. PSU : Seasonic S12II 520 @4k GFX Card : Sapphire HD7790 @ 11k or see if you can get a GTX 650 Ti boost at that price.

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
Ok, just change the PSu and get a gfx card for now .. PSU : Seasonic S12II 520 @4k GFX Card : Sapphire HD7790 @ 11k or see if you can get a GTX 650 Ti boost at that price.

Thanks allot one more help, Plz suggest a good Cabinet & whether my current Microtech 800VA UPS Is good enough

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
under 15K or you have separate budget for the cabby ? .. the PSU should suffice for now.

I think topgear meant 'the UPS will suffice for now'. For cabinet, nzxt gamma is a good cabinet. Better cabinets can be suggested if op mentions his seperate budget for cabinet.

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
As i m going to buy whole confuguration in parts i m thinking of buying AMD FX 8320/8520 so "GFX Card : Sapphire HD7790 @ 11k or see if you can get a GTX 650 Ti boost" will be good or there is better option"

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
both are good at their respective price range .. but there's better options available which will obviously cost more ;-)

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
I m going to buy Cooler Master K380/ Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus, Seasonic S12II 520, GPU(Not decided).

Plz Tell Name & price of "better options", do i have alternative to Seasonic S12II 520 as few shop i called don't have it. i m going to buy on wednesday or thursday