want to upgrade my rig...

Arnab boss

In the zone
hi guys,i want to upgrade my rig..i will only change proocy and mobo with ram...also the cabinet...i hav cm 690 i think its ok and will go for another 5 yrs but any other options is welcome...

the proccy i hav chosen is amd fx8350... i currently hav p2 955 b.e

motherboard willl b any 990 chipset board but only gigabyte ,asus, or msi...i presently hav gigabyte 880 chipset and i am happy with its performance..!!

ram i wish to hav corsair vengeance 2* 8gb....or g skill..which one will b better..

my buget is arnd 25k...:-D:-D:-D

rest of the config is in my signature....:evil::evil::evil:

thaks guys in advance...!!!:wink::wink::wink:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Your current configuration is good enough. Just get a CPU Cooler and overclock the Processor to 3.8 GHz+ level and you will get a nice performance boost. FX-8350 is no doubt a very powerful Processor than P II 955 but I am not suggesting it right now. AMD will be releasing their next architecture Steam Roller based Processors at the last querter of this year which as per them will have 30% performance improvement in some cases. It is not a minor change like was in Bulldozer to Piledriver; infact lots of cpu comonents like Decoder and Data Fetch Units, Cahce Memory management, Branch Prediction units will be updated to improve IPC.

Still if you want to go with the upgrade, here goes my suggestion:-
AMD FX-8350 @ 11.6K
Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 @ 11K/ Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3 @ 10.6K
CORSAIR RAM VENGEANCE 8GB X 1 DDR3 1600 MHz @ 3.83K (mdcomputers.in)

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
@ cilus thanks dude...i was thinking the same....i will then upgrade in nxt yr..!!!

which cooler to go for....!!!!!

my rig has bcome slow...dont knw why but after booting it takes arnd 2-3min for the desktop to arrive..!!!

> Cooler master hyper 212 EVO (2.2k) is enough, although you may go for something even better for higher overclocks.

> Which OS are you using? Which apps are in startup list?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Regarding slowness problems, it might be due to huge amount temp files, unnecessary and broken Registry entries and huge amount of Internet Cache files. It may be due to also hard disk fragmentation. Download the latest version of CCleaner and clean your PC and fix the registry. Then download Defragger and analyze each of the partitions about their level of fragmentation. If it is high, perform defragmentation, specially for the OS drives.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
> Cooler master hyper 212 EVO (2.2k) is enough, although you may go for something even better for higher overclocks.

> Which OS are you using? Which apps are in startup list?

i am using win 7 ultimate 64bit...

realtek,kaspersky,amd graphics,daemon tool i can c in the list..

Regarding slowness problems, it might be due to huge amount temp files, unnecessary and broken Registry entries and huge amount of Internet Cache files. It may be due to also hard disk fragmentation. Download the latest version of CCleaner and clean your PC and fix the registry. Then download Defragger and analyze each of the partitions about their level of fragmentation. If it is high, perform defragmentation, specially for the OS drives.

thanks mate...my os is stored on a 500gb hdd with partitions..and i have more 4.5 tg hdd storing my files..!!!!

now which partitions should i analyze..

i am using win 7 ultimate 64bit...

realtek,kaspersky,amd graphics,daemon tool i can c in the list..

thanks mate...my os is stored on a 500gb hdd with partitions..and i have more 4.5 tg hdd storing my files..!!!!

now which partitions should i analyze..

Scan all partitions and defrag the partitions with >8% fragmentation.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
^^^^^thanks....

now iam noticing tht while playing games...the game freezes and hangs...then i hav to open the task mngr and then end it...while my cpu gets heated abnormaly...i hav 7*120mm fans installed and a small side fan @ motherboard side..my gpu contains two more fans....is anything going wrong..!!

my cabi is cm 690 with side glass..should i change my cabi...!!!

help me out guys...i am thinking to upgrade and change my cabi as well if this things continue..!!

^^^^^thanks....

now iam noticing tht while playing games...the game freezes and hangs...then i hav to open the task mngr and then end it...while my cpu gets heated abnormaly...i hav 7*120mm fans installed and a small side fan @ motherboard side..my gpu contains two more fans....is anything going wrong..!!

my cabi is cm 690 with side glass..should i change my cabi...!!!

help me out guys...i am thinking to upgrade and change my cabi as well if this things continue..!!

> Post you fan setup.

> post screenshots of HwInfo while pc is idling.

> post screenshots of HwInfo while pc is doing something stressful, like running Prime95.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
i hav 120 mm 7 fans....1 in front,1 in side, 2 in top,1 in bottom,1 in rear,1 in the other side of motherboard back..!!!

i tried to post the pics of my rig but itis not uploading..any idea why..!!

i hav 120 mm 7 fans....1 in front,1 in side, 2 in top,1 in bottom,1 in rear,1 in the other side of motherboard back..!!! i tried to post the pics of my rig but itis not uploading..any idea why..!!
> please mention whether each fan is in intake or exhaust? > upload the pics to some other site and post the links. TDF's having issues (maintenance work going on).

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
i hav the front,both sides and bottom as intake...rear, and top 2 ones r exhaust...

ok ill upload the pics frm other sites..!!!

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
the fan setup is optimal.
But as per what you just said about your CPU heating up, can you please check if your CPU fan is mounted properly and is working and also if the TIM applied is fine (or dried up)?

Top Bottom