Want to overclock AMD Phenom II X4 810

billamama

In the zone
Never tried this kind of stuff, but I wanted to see how far I could push my Phenom II X4 810 without significantly shortening my CPU's life span.
does anyone have an AMD Phenom II x4 810?

my pc config
*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-JkW6Ay4JjjM/TdTHlg9rs7I/AAAAAAAAAbY/WDRTjssZWuk/s642/my+pc+config+updated.jpg

how far could i get it on stock cooling without adding extra voltage?
at present it is AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 2600 MHz

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
First few questions.

1. What is your PSU Brand, Model & Wattage.
2. Do you have Stock Heat Sink or Custom one? If Custom then Water or Air. Also mention Model?
3. Do you have well ventilated Cabinet?

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
First few questions.

1. What is your PSU Brand, Model & Wattage.
2. Do you have Stock Heat Sink or Custom one? If Custom then Water or Air. Also mention Model?
3. Do you have well ventilated Cabinet?

1. I've Zebronics Bijli Cabinet
front
*www.yogeshsarkar.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/zebronics-bijli-cabinet.jpg
inside
*www.yogeshsarkar.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/zebronics-bijli.jpg
review bijli
Zebronics Bijli cabinet review

2. Stock Heat Sink

3. Stock PSU came bundled with bijli

4. I From West Bengal (Kolkata)

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Steps for a Good Overclock.

1. Throw away the PSU
2. Buy a Seasonic or Cosair 500W PSU which is minimum 80+Certified
3. Throw away the Stock HS
4. Buy CM Hyper 212 EVO
5. Do some cable management :D

ps: Not kidding btw...Unless above steps are not followed DO NOT try OC.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - with stock cooling ( if you can keep the cpu under 65/68c ) you can reach upto the speed of a 3.2 Ghz ( provided you don't need to push the vcore ).

BTW, what's your stock cpu vcore now ?

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
btw bro don't you think its too bad to overclock with that zebronics PSU.
@op,
buy FSP saga II 500W @ 2.3-2.5k and you are good to overclock.

koolent

Youngling
Dude, if you you got a nice corsair or seasonic above 500W, your PC can run like a monster.. overclocking is no big deal of expertise, but benifits you in a large way, all you need to know the ideal temperatures and voltage and wattage for your CPU and there you are, get overclocking.. :)

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Dude, if you you got a nice corsair or seasonic above 500W, your PC can run like a monster.. overclocking is no big deal of expertise, but benifits you in a large way, all you need to know the ideal temperatures and voltage and wattage for your CPU and there you are, get overclocking.. :)

sorry to ask but how could I know the ideal temperatures, voltage and wattage for my CPU?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
use Hwinfo app , keep it's sensor module running in background and it will log idle/load temp, volts, fan speed etc very nicely.

^^
btw bro don't you think its too bad to overclock with that zebronics PSU.
@op,
buy FSP saga II 500W @ 2.3-2.5k and you are good to overclock.

Tech_Wiz has suggested him that before ;-) so need for re-suggestion from my end.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
use Hwinfo app , keep it's sensor module running in background and it will log idle/load temp, volts, fan speed etc very nicely.

Tech_Wiz as suggested him that before ;-) so need for re-suggestion from my end.

Well I installed but there are lots of thing on hwinfo32 sensor status which part should I upload?

uploading Screen shot of sensor status!

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-OJ5Jut8gZrA/T7dp3cZS_wI/AAAAAAAAAys/F0V5ftTp8S8/s466/1.jpg
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-P5A1np0uVqs/T7drkbISROI/AAAAAAAAAzI/JYgOAI0-x_0/s628/2.jpg
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-x1fb3fXpt-A/T7dryYsngfI/AAAAAAAAAzQ/ijrTA1nUYA4/s861/3.jpg

Anybody please tell me the stock cpu vcore , ideal temp, voltage and wattage for my cpu from the above sensor status screenshot!

& btw which psu to choose among recommended 3? Corsair/Seasonic/FSP

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ billamama - your stock cpu vcore ( under load ) : 1.280 ( must be set as 1.3v under bios )
idle cpu temp : 38.6c
Idle cpu voltage : 0.992v
load cpu temp : 46.9c

Top Bottom