want to buy Bridge camera - 25k max

OP
I

itsmeharsh

Broken In
Oh! Other choices are around 20-21k
FZ70 and P520

Else drop the idea of 40x zoom and get S110 for ~17k. In my view, the best VFM camera right now.

why is there such insane difference in flipkart's and amazon's price for S110???? am i looking at same camera or not?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, they are same. But FK displays old price. Actually, FK was selling around 17k about a week or two ago.

OP
I

itsmeharsh

Broken In
S110 seems a good camera, only the zoom is a little too less. if not 40x+ i would still like to have at least 20x... i hope i not being too choosy.

OP
I

itsmeharsh

Broken In
SX50's price on FK is quite good. i am thinking of waiting for sometime to see if it comes down within my reach. in the meantime i'll be trying to see if i can arrange for few extra k's... otherwise 25k is still my max budget.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
SX50's successor is due for quite sometime, so is FZ200's. When they get announced, price of SX50 and FZ200 will fall. But I don't know when the announcement will come...

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, after we buy our first camera there are so many things happen for the first time. Moon rise in the east, stars move, :D
Me too felt like that. I don't remember I have seen a disc shape sun with naked eyes in my life until I bought my camera. Even today, I look up the sky day/night to see how cloudy/clear the sky is, whether stars are visible almost every day of the week. I don't remember seeing this many stars before buying camera. Even though I might have studied in school, I started noticing that sun travels from/to north east from/to south east.:D I started to looking calendars for full moon day/new moon day, checking online about sun/moon rise/set timings and so on...

After a while ,you will start notice that you have gone little crazy :rofl:

OP
I

itsmeharsh

Broken In
Yeah, after we buy our first camera there are so many things happen for the first time. Moon rise in the east, stars move, :D
Me too felt like that. I don't remember I have seen a disc shape sun with naked eyes in my life until I bought my camera. Even today, I look up the sky day/night to see how cloudy/clear the sky is, whether stars are visible almost every day of the week. I don't remember seeing this many stars before buying camera. Even though I might have studied in school, I started noticing that sun travels from/to north east from/to south east.:D I started to looking calendars for full moon day/new moon day, checking online about sun/moon rise/set timings and so on...

After a while ,you will start notice that you have gone little crazy :rofl:

hahahaha, well said... i have always had interest in astronomy. i was always intrigued to have a camera which could see details on the moon... i have even clicked some pics of moon in the past, with my friend's nikon p520. they turned out okay-ish...

sujoyp

Grand Master
ha ha ha nac thats great fun...and when I started I was macro crazzy...and used to look for insects everywhere...people could barely see what I was trying to capture...crazzy things

OP
I

itsmeharsh

Broken In
hey guys, i just saw canon 1100D's ad on tv... i don't remember seeing an ad of a dslr on tv ever. i later compared it with sx50 on snapsort, although sx50 scored more than 1100D i kinda felt for a moment that i hurried getting a sx50 when i could get 1100D at almost same price (though i would had to get telephoto lens, but later)... pls tell me if i have made a mistake by getting sx50 :-(

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Don't worry... It's all trade... We have to lose something to get something. Here we have traded IQ and low light performance for mobility and zoom. SX50 is so versatile, you can shoot macro to birding without much fuss.

OP
I

itsmeharsh

Broken In
^ Don't worry... It's all trade... We have to lose something to get something. Here we have traded IQ and low light performance for mobility and zoom. SX50 is so versatile, you can shoot macro to birding without much fuss.

thank you for providing some relief :)

OP
I

itsmeharsh

Broken In
hello

can someone please suggest a good tripod for sx50? i want a basic tripod, not a large full height one. my budget is 1.5k. i looked for some on flipkart but i cannot judge which one should i get.

thank you

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Don't go for cheapo tripod, unless you really need one and don't have lot of money. Prashant has been using one, he can comment whether they are good for compact cameras or not.

Top Bottom