Want to buy an Android under 6k

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
Hi guys, My elder sister wants to buy a new mobile phone under 6,000 bucks.

1. Budget?: 6K(Cannot raise even a 100 rupees, because I'm gifting it to her. I'm a budget-friendly guy. :D )
2. Display type and size?: 3.5" or better
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?: Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?: Any brand.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).: Touch
6. What camera option you want?: She doesn't take too much photos, but will be used on family functions.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc): Any OS which comes under the budget mentioned above.
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly: 3G
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc): Skype (for this we might require a secondary/front camera right isn't? for video chatting? )
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?: She mainly uses this phone for making phone calls and SMSes.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?: Gionee P2(I'm very very happy with its specification for that price. :D )
12. Any other info that you want to share: Want a phone good battery. Want a good loudspeaker!

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Lava Iris 405 would be good - Lava Iris 405 Rs. 6199.0 Price in India - Buy Lava Iris 405 Black Online - Lava: Flipkart.com

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
To be safe better to go for better brands and Samsung fits your bill for all apps as it runs android but if you want better battery backup then Nokia Asha models are best. Choose what suits you best buddy.OK.

OP
R

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
Are you guys thinking Gionee P2 is not good? I'm also have no opinion on their aftersales. So, I'm not able to take any decision now. :(

Anyone who've used Gionee P2 here, guys?

Last edited:

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Gionee P2 user here. This is a very good phone, excellent build quality and looks good too, call voice clarity is excellent, 1700mah battery will last one to one and a half day with normal use, the latest update increased the phone responsiveness marginally. The camera is not upto the mark though. You can buy it for around 5.3K using some coupon in ebay.in. I bought mine for 5.4K. The package contains two screen protectors and a silicon back cover. The ear phone is average, you will need to buy a better one for music listening.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, dude. Gionee has a service center in my place. :D Shall I go for it?

it is also important that number of service centers does not matter. it is the quality of the service that matters. I dont know about Ginoee service experiences. may be, some one who has some experience with it can help you

pmkarun

Broken In
If you are not brand conscious you can check this spice handset also.
Spice Coolpad 2 Price in India | Mi-496 Specifications, Features and Reviews

kaz

right here
I made a friend of mine buy a P2 recently I will have my hands on soon when I reach my hostel..All I could say is that Gionee has got service center across all cities (3 in Jharkhand) and camera is not that good as told by my friend on phone..

OP
R

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
No. No. I don't really care about branding and all those cr@p. :D I'll definitely try new products if I receive good reviews. :)
And, for your recommendation, I'll surely learn about that device. :)

If you are not brand conscious you can check this spice handset also.
Spice Coolpad 2 Price in India | Mi-496 Specifications, Features and Reviews

Yes, dude. Their website and the manual which comes with the box is stating we have service centres in these these cities. I read one review for a device from XOLO(LAVA), which says that the service center don't have any spares/support/assistance from XOLO, hence refusing to reward the warranty. So, what will happen next if my city's service centre doesn't have spares to repair my Gionee handset??? We can't go blindly and buy a handset because they've a service center in our city!? We need to consider these things also, right isn't?

I made a friend of mine buy a P2 recently I will have my hands on soon when I reach my hostel..All I could say is that Gionee has got service center across all cities (3 in Jharkhand) and camera is not that good as told by my friend on phone..

Tell me your review when you get to handle the device. Thank you! :)

kaz

right here
Yes, dude. Their website and the manual which comes with the box is stating we have service centres in these these cities. I read one review for a device from XOLO(LAVA), which says that the service center don't have any spares/support/assistance from XOLO, hence refusing to reward the warranty. So, what will happen next if my city's service centre doesn't have spares to repair my Gionee handset??? We can't go blindly and buy a handset because they've a service center in our city!? We need to consider these things also, right isn't?

Tell me your review when you get to handle the device. Thank you! :)

Definitely most of these service centers would ask for 1 month time in case there is any hardware related issue because they send the product to the main service center which I think are only 1-2 in the country.. You can call these as pickup centers instead :)

OP
R

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
Oh, yeah. They should rename it to pickup center. :D :D

Definitely most of these service centers would ask for 1 month time in case there is any hardware related issue because they send the product to the main service center which I think are only 1-2 in the country.. You can call these as pickup centers instead :)

Top Bottom