Wanna learn coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Agreed about variations. But not every languages has OOP. For example, C is NOT a OOP language. Is it?

Excuse me? Are you sure what are you talking about?

YOU CAN'T HAVE A DERIVED CLASS INHERITED FROM 2 OR MORE BASE CLASSES in Java. That's why we have "interfaces" in Java.

Don't comment if you don't know it!
i do understand and FYI , 'they have omittied multiple inheritance from the Java ' as of now..way back it was there...google around..as i have moved to .net track have lost in touch with it..but it was there when i was learning it.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
well, this is how u do it in C and no other option. i agree,its bit lengthy..but then it lays a good foundation...

every prog lang has its once ways and we need to cope with it.

Sorry what is the way you do in C? Using antiquated practices encouraged by institutes here or the extra code for implementation details. I sincerely hope it's the latter you are speaking of even though I don't agree.

that's what we call multiple inheritance achieved through interfaces :))
Its virtue is different though.

And oh for the record I never said not to learn C. Just that a language like C should be learnt after some experience with a programming language like Python. Python ain't the only choice, there's Perl, Ruby, PHP as well. Heck you can start with C# and Java as well but for some reason I don't like the idea of beginning with Java/C#. If you persist with C, for god sake at least give some respect to it and learn correct practices.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
i do understand and FYI , 'they have omittied multiple inheritance from the Java ' as of now..way back it was there...google around..as i have moved to .net track have lost in touch with it..but it was there when i was learning it.

Okay. Let me google it. I searched Google

And I was feeling lucky. So first line of first search result says:
Java was designed without multiple inheritance.

Second search result said:
When Sun was designing Java, it omitted multiple inheritance - or more precisely multiple implementation inheritance - on purpose.

Now tell! :S

And I am repeating, for god's sake, please don't comment if you don't know! You are pissing me off! :p

chintan786

In the zone
bhailog OP has gone long back and only beginner left is this poor soul.

If any consensus arrive among u then please let me know from where to start when want to learn C++ and SQL. i found C hard and don't have clue regarding c++ either.

Regarding C++ i have compiler name codeblock and regarding SQL i have no idea from to start with.

Pardon me if i sound too noob.

Regards,

Chintan

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ Just start with Python and stop thinking about other things for the time being. :p

abhijangda

Padawan
that a very very bad advice.... VB6 does not even supports full OOPS. its was good for desktop apps...
instead get a free VS 2010 IDE Express edition and learn C#

i understand what you are pointing to..but at very start , main intention is to develop logic...and make you understand OOPS. make a fresher understand data types..objects,,inheritance...etc etc..

now when you develop real life apps , you dont need C (may be required for low level prog) ..you use tools like VS 2010 , SQL etc.
but thats too far...1st learn the basics.....classes,inheritance,polymorphism,

Did you even read my post, I said do up to procedural programming only, I didn't talked about OOPS?? You should read post carefully, before commenting.

And who the hell are you, how many years of programming exp. you have? Have you done your CS degree from any of the IITs? Tell me!!
Just don't use these types of word here. Cool down man, there's no need to fight here!

@OP just go with Python. I would say Python 3.x.
Good Luck
Happy Programming. :) :D

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
These are free eBooks:
Python - Notes
Dive Into Python 3

This one I've not read but my other experiences with Head First Series makes me recommend it:
Flipkart.com: Head First Python: Book: Paul Barry

This one I have read (the previous edition) and I recommend to buy but it's a bit comprehensive.
Flipkart.com: Learning Python: Book: Mark Lutz

abhijangda

Padawan
The best Python tutorial is it's official tutorial.

docs.python.org/

Also you can read Expert Python Programming (2008) by PACKT Publishing (don't remember the authors name)

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
"Learn Python The Hard Way" is also a good book. Though the name suggests its _hard_ way, the author means learn it by *programming*, not just reading.

Have you always wanted to learn how to code but never thought you could? Are you looking to build a foundation for more complex coding? Do you want to challenge your brain in a new way? Then Learn Python the Hard Way is the book for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom