Vodafone or Idea in DELHI

Cell provider good in delhi - terms of coverage, transparency in bill, STD rates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi guys..

I am relocating to delhi since got new job in DLF Cyber City. I will be staying with my sis in Dwarka. I am confused in deciding which SIM to choose. My main need is STD. According to my needs I have researched and concluded in 2 brands, Vodafone and Idea. Both offer free STD minutes.

My sis has Vodafone connection, but inside our flat in Dwarka the signal is poor. So some techies in delhi can help me in choosing??

I will be choosing a post paid, I need to know which brand doesn't cheat in the bill. Transparent bill, good coverage and network is a must.

Pls help me out.

T i A

Edit - Added a poll in order to come to a conclusion.

Please vote your experience.

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Idea sucks in terms of network.. Lately Vodafone network has also started giving problems, but still its MUCH better than Idea.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Thanks for voting and advicing..A small request - If voting for others - please mention which cell provider as a reply to this post.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I recently came to Delhi & I am also staying in Dwarka. For your STD needs U better buy Relience Prepaid connection with Rs 496 recharge for Free Reliance to Reliance STD & local talks for 30 days.

I am using an Idea SIM here in my K750i. Network is fine, no dropped calls but there GPRS service sux, it doesn't open pages many times in Opera Mini & MOrange also refuses to connect. There GSM plans are good though, Rs 35 for 300 local SMS, Rs 29 for free 50 STD SMS, Rs 31 for STD calls at Rs 1 & then top up as U need. If U need GPRS then don't get Idea but if U don't then get Idea SIM in Dwarka.

Where in Dwarka will U stay?? I am in Pocket L&T, Sector 18b

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^ I have never used GPRS and I am not sure will I use it in the future. My only concern is STD. Reg. Reliance, no one in my family uses it.. and also the unlimited STD is between only Reliance, so this plan is dropped.

AFAIK, I checked both Vodafone and Idea portals, lots of plan available only for Postpaid and not for prepaid.

I am convinced with the below postpaid plans.

Idea Easy 444
Total Monthly Charges - Rs. 444/-
Free Local and STD - 444 min/month
Free sms - 444 local P2P/month
All local calls - 60p/min
All STD -1.00/min

Vodafone Talk 444
Monthly rental - 444
Free local mins - 444 M2M Local / STD min free
Free STD mins - 222 M2M min free
All local calls - 60p/min
All STD calls - 1.00/min

Which one is gud???

I am gonna stay in Sector 10(Market).

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Need more sugg and advice guys, also need more polling..days are getting closer to leave chennai and settle in Delhi.

Deadline - 27th June' 08

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Reliance way for STD calling is better. You can buy a reliance prepaid connection for Rs 1400 with a LG 3000 phone & fill it with Rs 496 card, then tell your family to buy a prepaid connection there. Now You need to fill Rs 496 every month & u can talk unlimited.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^ I thought of doin that..but all my family members have a mobile with them..and I myself do not wish to purchase another mobile simply for the STD unlimited.

Reg. the poll results.

2 for Vodafone, 3 for Idea and 3 for others.

Ankur Gupta, gx_saurav, Third Eye have voted for others. gx_saurav interested in Reliance.

Can Ankur and Third eye mention which service to go for since they have choosen the others category????

VD17

Journeyman
If STD usage is heavy, enquire about Vodafone's 666 and 888 (or 999) plans... they're good as well...
I use the Talk2al 444 plan and most of my calls are STD. I use RIM prepaid for local caling (my VF plan is expensive for frequent local calls). I spend around 2K on both of my phones. My friend used Idea prepaid some time back and he had problems with its network. Same was with my connection when it was hutch but things changed quite a lot a month after Vodafone came in.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^ so your vote is for Vodafone???

I enq wit my sis in dwarka and told her abt Vodafone..she tols pls do not go for it since the network is very bad..making and receivin calls is very hard it seems..so kinda confused again.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
any more help or advice or suggestions pls????

What you guys think about the Airtel 444 plan?? Its same as the Idea 444 plan.
any ideas???

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
there are a million plans dude,lemme simplify the equations.

Airtel:if you have enough bucks and want top class service and customer care support,netwrok is teh best everywhere.

Vodafone:Almost all the above at a lot less price,customer care sucks.The other day the fkers called me and said they have dropped down STD rates at no additional cost in my plan and I need to send an sms to activate,I said you mofos its a free ****,do it already why do I need to fking send any smses.useless peice of sh!t,but overall network is fine and billing is as transparent as it gets in the past 2~3 years that I am using it.

Idea:suck,terrible network(drops frequently),ever worse costumer support.Never used GPRS much so no idea about that.I use it just to call other idea nos as I still have a lots of free mins left.

Reliance\Tata Indicom\Virgin:GOd save the terrible souls who use them.Ther share towers and do what not and still their network sucks beyond limits.But wait,they have to do something additional to stay competitive,so they introduced free calls plans in the same network and virgin even offering $$$ for incoming calls.I say please die,Improve the network and hire some more neanderthals to answer calls which is teh prime importance.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^ OMG!!!
Thanks dude..I need a service cheaper as well as to my needs. So as per your calculations, I think my demand is fulfilled by Vodafone. Wil go wit it taking your words.

Note - Vodafone wins ahead of Airtel and Idea in the plan 444 by the following..
Idea and Airtel giving 444 Local+STD minutes free.
Vodafone goes one step ahead and gives the same 444 Local+STD minutes free as well as 222 STD minutes free.

This impressed me.

Is my decision right???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom