Vodafone 3G

bhushanm

I Am Jack's Assembly Line
Vodafone 3G USB Stick Offer

Unlimited plan 599

Vodafone 3G USB Stick: 3G USB Modem - Internet access for laptop & Desktop | Mumbai

I have had the worst experience with Vodafone 3G. For starters, I never got to use the 3G speeds. Let me explain chronologically:

1. I go to Vodafone store in Ghatkopar(w), ask for 3G plan, get suggested this plan, and person says try 3G free for a month and then decide if you want to go for annual subscription. Since prepaid and postpaid both cost the same, I told him I'll go for prepaid.

2. I come home, plug in the device and there is no 3G speed. I call up support and they tell me 3G is to be explicitly activated.

3. One day wasted. I try again, and still no 3G speeds. I call up support and they tell me, and here's the shocker, 3G is available only in western suburbs, not central suburbs. I give the guy a piece of my mind and he asks someone and tells me 3G is launching all over Mumbai in a month.

4. Meanwhile, the USB stick starts giving problems. It never connects and gives me some RAS 768 (738,maybe, don't remember) error. Called up support and first few times they tell me to uninstall software from laptop, reboot, and install again (remember those Windows 98 days when this was common place? Never thought would get to experience it again). Then they tell me it is a hardware problem.

5. Month's time gone, and now I get a bill from Vodafone for Rs.199+ taxes for my SIM card. This can only mean one thing - they frigging put me on a postpaid plan. Also, a warning for those who are planning a postpaid connection, there is an additional hidden charge of 200+ every month. Also, bill mentioned the plan as a GPRS data plan.

So now I have to put everything aside and visit the Vodafone store to sort things out with these @$$#0!e$. I have to quiz them about the bill, get the postpaid canceled, get the hardware replaced, and switch to a 3G activated. Man, they are going to get a huge piece of my mind if they give me any of that 'Happy to help, but sorry, not in this case' crap.

Last edited:

Anish

Spectre
Tarrifs and offers are really nice in vodafone... but i wonder where the hell did they get the people who attend the customer care calls

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
I have had the worst experience with Vodafone 3G. For starters, I never got to use the 3G speeds. Let me explain chronologically:

1. I go to Vodafone store in Ghatkopar(w), ask for 3G plan, get suggested this plan, and person says try 3G free for a month and then decide if you want to go for annual subscription. Since prepaid and postpaid both cost the same, I told him I'll go for prepaid.

2. I come home, plug in the device and there is no 3G speed. I call up support and they tell me 3G is to be explicitly activated.

3. One day wasted. I try again, and still no 3G speeds. I call up support and they tell me, and here's the shocker, 3G is available only in western suburbs, not central suburbs. I give the guy a piece of my mind and he asks someone and tells me 3G is launching all over Mumbai in a month.

4. Meanwhile, the USB stick starts giving problems. It never connects and gives me some RAS 768 (738,maybe, don't remember) error. Called up support and first few times they tell me to uninstall software from laptop, reboot, and install again (remember those Windows 98 days when this was common place? Never thought would get to experience it again). Then they tell me it is a hardware problem.

5. Month's time gone, and now I get a bill from Vodafone for Rs.199+ taxes for my SIM card. This can only mean one thing - they frigging put me on a postpaid plan. Also, a warning for those who are planning a postpaid connection, there is an additional hidden charge of 200+ every month. Also, bill mentioned the plan as a GPRS data plan.

So now I have to put everything aside and visit the Vodafone store to sort things out with these @$$#0!e$. I have to quiz them about the bill, get the postpaid canceled, get the hardware replaced, and switch to a 3G activated. Man, they are going to get a huge piece of my mind if they give me any of that 'Happy to help, but sorry, not in this case' crap.

give them a piece of your mind... and tells us what happens... they need it

@akshayt and Pratul_09

don't go offtopic

Top Bottom