VLC Media Player 0.9.0 Test 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt say KMP had more features. I said its more usable.. that means it has a better ui. I get access to most of its features even in full screen mode. VLC's ui sucks. The new ui looks better but still is ancient compared to other players. Though my fav ui is that of crystal player.
Usable ? Well, then I think Kaffeine and MPC have ZERO COMPETITION in that field. They work. And beautifully while at that.

^No it doesn't. Combination of both works well. And the new version of VLC has some good enhancement, one that i particularly like is seeking in flv files is enabled now. GOM player lacks some basic codecs out of the box, but includes some which are not in VLC. So i think using both is a nice thing to do.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
KM Player doesn't work well with vista. It doesn't work well with UAC and no one would like to click run in admin mode for a media player. I prefer codec packs anyday

nikhilpai

Techans
^No it doesn't. Combination of both works well. And the new version of VLC has some good enhancement, one that i particularly like is seeking in flv files is enabled now. GOM player lacks some basic codecs out of the box, but includes some which are not in VLC. So i think using both is a nice thing to do.

Which are the codecs which GOM supports but VLC does not ?

^I dont remember the name of it buddy but it was once when i freshly installed both of these and GOM Player refused to play one of my file which VLC played. I think i should take my words back. VLC plays everything that GOM plays.:)

max_daemon: Ya mediamonkey's interface is one of my favourites. And its equalizer works great on my soundcard.

@GX_Saurav: One thing that annoys me about Windows Media Player is its equalizer. I dont know why but on my soundcard (Intel Advance HD Audio 2 on my Dell Inspiron 1525) setting equalizer settings even a lil higher then the mid point causes beats in the songs to sound weird, like they are supressed. In Winamp this problem was solved by changing my equalizer from Winamp 4Front EQ to Constant-Q EQ. In MediaMonkey, the default equalizer works flawlessly. But Windows Media Player doesn't have any options about equalizer. Thats the reason i had to Dump it as my audio player, otherwise i like the media library a lot. Do you have any suggestions how i can rectify this problem? I have all other DSP settings in WMP disabled and no driver enhancements are running, i disabled them all.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I don't use equalizer at all so can't talk on that front. Even I use VLC as my portable media player, there is no use using VLC as a primary media player for me.

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
This new version is good for playing flv files.
Though i prefer
PowerDVD for dvd's
Gom player for full HD
WMP for music (the best)
SMplayer for anything others can't play.

I found vlc still can't play rmvb files. SMplayer can.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
VLCplayer the last time I tried had the shittiest interface.

Its smplayer for me. single key mplayer shortcuts,, easy display adjustments, and plays any file..lacks library feature though(wmp)

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
VLC For Playing Complex Videos
Media Player Classic for Playing good Mobies
Billy for MP3
MediaMonkey for Audio and Editing

I don't use equalizer at all so can't talk on that front. Even I use VLC as my portable media player, there is no use using VLC as a primary media player for me.

Do you mean you mean you dont use equalizer at all?? or you use your sound driver's global equalizer? How come you can get good sound without equalizer?

I dont know what having a primary player means. I use VLC+SMPlayer+GOMPlayer+MediaMonkey+WMP combo, whichever comes into my sight first :D But this combo plays any file thats for sure.

For audio, ya i use media monkey these days as default. earlier it was winamp with constan-eq equalizer and before that, when i had my acer lapcrap, it was wmp which certainly sounded best on that soundcard.

x3060

A LOTR fan
foobar for mp3
kmp for video.
power dvd for dvds.

even i don't use equalizers...i prefer to listen as it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom