Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
*brandontools.com/images/screen8.jpg

What is Start++?

Start++ is an enhancement for the Start Menu in Windows Vista. It also extends the Run box and the command-line with customizable commands. For example, typing "w Windows Vista" will take you to the Windows Vista page on Wikipedia!

Some more examples:

*brandonlive.com/pictures/StartPlusPlus/screen2.jpg

Typing "sudo" followed by a command will run that command with elevated (admin) privileges. Super handy from the command-line as well!

*brandonlive.com/pictures/StartPlusPlus/screen4.jpg

Advanced functions can work with search results, powered by Windows Vista's integrated desktop search engine. For example, typing "play radiohead" will find all music that matches the query "radiohead", compile the results into a .M3U file, and launch it in your favorite media player (actually, it only uses Windows Media Player for the moment, but that will change soon).

Start++ features a handy configuration UI, pictured here:

*brandonlive.com/pictures/StartPlusPlus/screen6.jpg

It also allows users to export and share their favorite commands.
Some commands will trigger custom UI in the Start Menu in response to your commands.

*brandonlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/startpics.jpg

Right now, only the "pic" command demonstrates that functionality.
This is a great add-on for Vista. I am currently using it. Have Fun!

:arrow:DOWNLOAD

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
rakeshishere said:
*brandonlive.com/pictures/StartPlusPlus/screen2.jpg

Typing "sudo" followed by a command will run that command with elevated (admin) privileges. Super handy from the command-line as well!

one feature that makes it a worthwhile download!!!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
wooh. a feature right out of unix. It's great to have sudo around really useful thing. How well is it implemented? and can it be configured as in *nix?

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
tech_your_future said:
wooh. a feature right out of unix. It's great to have sudo around really useful thing. How well is it implemented? and can it be configured as in *nix?

The sudo command and other commands are yet under development..I hope the higher version of this tool will be highly improved and B/w this handy tool was very much appreciated by Microsoft Vista Community...Click Here for More Reading

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I had used it long time back, problem with it is, takes up nearly 300 MB of my ram and make my PC hell slow.
Hd to remove it :(

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
alsiladka said:
I had used it long time back, problem with it is, takes up nearly 300 MB of my ram and make my PC hell slow.
Hd to remove it :(

Not only the addons but along with it even Vista is a resource hogger;)

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
rakeshishere said:
Not only the addons but along with it even Vista is a resource hogger;)

Who told you Vista is a resource hogger? Are you using Vista?

If you are talking about the amount of RAM free at any point of time, then it shall never be more than 8 to 10 MB as this is what the SuperFetch functionality of Vista is. And Vista is actually faster than XP, atleast on my Celeron M on my Laptop with Aero off.

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
alsiladka said:
Who told you Vista is a resource hogger? Are you using Vista?

If you are talking about the amount of RAM free at any point of time, then it shall never be more than 8 to 10 MB as this is what the SuperFetch functionality of Vista is. And Vista is actually faster than XP, atleast on my Celeron M on my Laptop with Aero off.

I am using Vista Home Premium with Aero ON on 1GB ram and I feel it lags sometimes especially sometimes there is a Anti-virus scan(NOD32);)

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Dude, any computer lags when there is an AntiVirus scan is going on!! Why make Vista the scapegoat.

Is any of your RAM from the 1 GB shared with the graphix card?
To Enjoy the speedier Vista, use hibernate option more than the restart and shutdown options.

Status
Not open for further replies.