Vista hangs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

╬Switch╬

In the zone
I just installed Vista Home Premium on my P4 with 1 gig RAM and onboard ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series graphics card and Realtek HD audio.

But to my horror it hangs too often. And there doesnt seem to be any specific reason for it to do so. I tried updating the video and audio drivers but it doesnt seem to help. Do I need to update any other drivers?

When I started Vista Aero was automatically turned on, so I dont think that thers any problem with my graphics card, or is it?
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!:(

And yes my video card supports WDDM driver.THANKS.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Isn't it supposed to hang?
Ok first turn off the aero effect.Second update it this should help a lot.Increase your RAM to 2gb(cheapest upgrade you can do).Consider buying a dedicated graphic card if you want to run Vista with all the eye candy turned on.

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
Tried turning Aero off but it still hangs. Do I need to update any other driver like LAN driver or something else?
Also are the updates in autopatcher different from the updates through the windows update?

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I think you might want to get your motherboard connections verified by some hardware pro once. There might be come loose connection which might be hanging your computer.

Also, in your Start menu type "REL" and press enter. Now click on reliability monitor.
It will show you a reliability index of your computer and show the failures and problems your computer faced. see if it shows you the problem of the hangs - it may be any corrupt driver or some hardware failure.

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
Actually my computer hangs only in vista and not in Xp so thats why I think its some sort of driver software problem...

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Are you using any drivers from your motherboard's CD?
I would suggest you uninstall all the 3rd party drivers you have installed - right from audio to graphics everything.

Visit Windows Update and search for updates, it will show up drivers for the devices. Instal them.

BTW, did you check the reliability monitor?

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
alsiladka said:
BTW, did you check the reliability monitor?
Actually, now Ive downgraded to XP.
But Ill install it soon, anyway could you tell me what to check in reliability monitor?

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Check out your Reliability Index and what are the problems or failures your Vista is facing.

Check out this link to understand better -
*www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vi...-reliability-monitor-to-troubleshoot-crashes/

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
according to ATI.com there is no VISTA driver avalible.... so me's thinks it is not 100% compatible with Vista! it is an integrated card correct?

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
Yes it is an integrated cqard and the drvier that I downloaded from ATI.com has the filename "7-8-vista32-dd_ccc_wdm_enu_50974.exe" so its surely for VISTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom