Vista , Audigy & Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrash_metal

In the zone
I'm using a Audigy 2 ZS platinum pro soundcard with Vista Ultimate ... now the thing is that I cant configure the individual channels .. many tools like speaker calibrator dont work with vista .. i got the latest drivers from the creative website but still i cnt configure the speakers individually ... has anyone got the same problem ??

Also while recording .... the recorded material tone seems to be very dry and not punchy at all ... tried adjusting a lot of gains and Eq's but the recorded material is still too dry

my system config :

Intel p4 @ 3.2
Intel 915G
Creative Audigy 2 ZS platinum pro soundcard
XFX Geforce 7600GT
Logitech Z5500
600Gb Hdd
300watts power supply

Is the power supply responsible for the tone being dry ?

shaunak

Tux Fan
The media center has a calibaration tool. You can use it.
Or get a dvd that supports Dobley caliberation [its mentioned in the back cover.]

Most caliberating software cost 100$ or more and are horribly complex and professional. Case and point this.
-------
-------
To improve recording quality you can try to get an single stage ultra low Preamplifier/mixer. Make one or buy one from any radio store. [preferably make one. The cheap commercial ones sound flat and the good'uns cost...]
Dont try it on you output or you will burn your speakers.

OP
T

thrash_metal

In the zone
The media center caliberation aint that great .... in xp using the creative cd i cld get all sorts of caliberation tools like Thx setup , Speaker setup etc ! The tools on the Cd are not working in Vista .

As far as recording is concerned .. the Audigy breakout box does have a Line in / Mic with a preamp and gain ...

The equipment used for recording is :-
Jackson DXMG Dinky (with EMG 81-89 active set) , Kramer Focus 211s (with EMG Hz-3) , Spectra / Planet waves cables , Digitech GnX2 , GnX 3000 , POD XT , Marshall MG , Shure Sm57 / sm58 .

Ive adjusted the tones/patches and gain but again its too dry .......... speakers used are logitech z5500 digital

Status
Not open for further replies.