Virusology...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
i was infected by some worm 2 years ago. it disabled MS Office, corrupted many word and excel documents. it even disabled my norton antivirus (which i was using at that time.). i couldnt connect to the internet bcoz i didnt have internet at that time. finally, i installed a trial version of norton internet security from the digit, scanned and removed the worm. since then, i havent been infected even ONCE by any sort of malicious program. most often the virus is detected even before it does anything. i use kaspersky antivirus 7.0 now.

i also use spybot sd.

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i was infected by some worm 2 years ago. it disabled MS Office, corrupted many word and excel documents. it even disabled my norton antivirus (which i was using at that time.). i couldnt connect to the internet bcoz i didnt have internet at that time. finally, i installed a trial version of norton internet security from the digit, scanned and removed the worm. since then, i havent been infected even ONCE by any sort of malicious program. most often the virus is detected even before it does anything. i use kaspersky antivirus 7.0 now.

i also use spybot sd.

Yup...Antivirus + AntiSpyware is a must :D

Q. How does a Trojan Horse affect a system ? And Is trojan horse & spyware have same purpose ? :)

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
a trojan horse poses as something useful (antivirus or anti spyware program) but actually secretely sends user data to some other remote computer. the data can be anything like passwords, sites that the user visits, system info etc.

spyware is quite similar but it sends only info like the web pages that r visited frequently by the user. then the user is targeted with ads with relevance to the web pages visited. for e.g, if a person often visits the chelsea web site, and a spyware is on his system, he may get targeted with ads telling him to buy official chelsea fan merchandise etc. (u get the idea). even though spyware are not very dangerous, they are very annoying and use up YOUR net connection and YOUR bandwidth.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

a trojan horse poses as something useful (antivirus or anti spyware program) but actually secretely sends user data to some other remote computer. the data can be anything like passwords, sites that the user visits, system info etc.

spyware is quite similar but it sends only info like the web pages that r visited frequently by the user. then the user is targeted with ads with relevance to the web pages visited. for e.g, if a person often visits the chelsea web site, and a spyware is on his system, he may get targeted with ads telling him to buy official chelsea fan merchandise etc. (u get the idea). even though spyware are not very dangerous, they are very annoying and use up YOUR net connection and YOUR bandwidth.

OK, then keylogger & trojanhorse are of same breed ? :rolleyes:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
no no. keyloggers hide (are invisible). they mostly dont show up at all in the list of running processes and the add/remove programs applet. they store a logfile of all keystrokes, and may take a screenshot of the computer every few minutes.

trojans dont hide and dont record all keystrokes. they record only passwords, credit card info, websites visited etc.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

no no. keyloggers hide (are invisible). they mostly dont show up at all in the list of running processes and the add/remove programs applet. they store a logfile of all keystrokes, and may take a screenshot of the computer every few minutes.
hmm, so only antivirus can remove it. :eek:.And Trojan Horse can be seen in task
manager.:confused:

trojans dont hide and dont record all keystrokes. they record only passwords, credit card info, websites visited etc.
If they do such things then this can be done by a keylogger also.bcoz finally the ultimate info will be posted to their creators(hackers).:D

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
torjan horses, like i said b4, pose as some useful program. so the process run by the so called useful program is shown in the task manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom