Virus "GENERIC.LN" effectd,a worst in its kind.pls help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

In the zone
dears,
this one is the Villon in my three pcs for the last few months. wht it doe
is, automatically an exe file is creating in a folder with the same folder name.if we accedently double clicking on tht,FINISHEDDDD. it will start to work on that pc. i have formated my home pc,installd AVG, after tht,ystrday i put my flash disk,it shown that, GENERIC.LN is effected.i heald frm each directory in my flash disk.

bt after effecting this virus,the straing thng is, we cant install Antivirus softwares. or even run the installed antivirus software. it getting skipped to desktop and refreshing automatically. i tried to enable show all option from my documents/foldr options, bt same result, skipping and refreshing.

unfortunately yesterday,my friend pc also got effected by my flash.

please please please be kind to give me a solution, to get ridd out of ths worst, GENERIC.LN virus, if some one can, pls give me a brief abt its actual working

waiting wt patience

anandk

Distinguished Member
avg uses the term generic.ln to call an unclassified virus/worm as such based on its heuristics (this one cud b the W32.Rontokbro.mm worm). we need to know the exact name for sure. so pls post ur hijackthis log file here for analysis. a specefic removal tool can then b sgstd.

meanwhile u cud try the foll basic GENERAL routine for malware removal n c if it helps :
-disable system restore
-use diskcleanup to also remove old sysrestore pnts.
-download install and update avg-anti-spyware from www.grisoft.com and also avg anti-rootkit
-go into safe mode n scan ur full pc with ur avg av and avg as and avg ark.
-reboot into normal mode and clear up ur residual pc junk with ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com
-reboot and if problm stl persists post ur hjt log.

OP
M

mobileman

In the zone
anandk said:
avg uses the term generic.ln to call an unclassified virus/worm as such based on its heuristics (this one cud b the .........allog.

hi,
thanks. but do u knw the story? i have tried to activate the safemode frm msconfig. bt whn i tried to open msconfig, its gets skipped nd refreshing to desktop. and i tried to install new AVG, same thing happening.

pls guide me..

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
I can help if you follow me.. Please zip a folder containing the virus and upload it somewhere and give me the link... And then I will check it out...

seems like W32.Rontok.bro trojan...

refer : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47683&highlight=rontok

for removal details

anandk

Distinguished Member
^ buddy there is really need to upload the virus ;-) Instead wudnt it b betr 4 him to get it checked by multiple av scan engines at *www.virustotal.com/en/virustotalf.html or *virusscan.jotti.org/ ?

mobileman : press restart. and then while rebooting press/keep pressing the F8 button on ur keyboard to enter the safe mode. if u can now enter the safe mode and scan then fine; otherwise stl no probs ! scan in regular modes.

BUT : do post ur hijackthis logfile here for analysis (u can ofcourse always get it auto-analysed at www.hijackthis.de too) u can download this utility from *www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/programs.php do a system scan and save the log. copypaste the contents here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom