VirtualDUB blues ? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
I want to import a *.DAT file into VirtualDub for editing, but the problem is the *.DAT file actually has a scratch in between the video and hence when i try to import it into VirtualDub, VirtualDub only imports the first part of the video file, that is, it imports till the scratch point is reach and does not import the rest of the video file, hence an incomplete file gets imported into VirtualDub ,

Now the questions Can I import the whole video file, is there a way to tell VirtualDub to ignor the scratch thing. In general, How can I import the whole video file, please please suggest workaround or solutions that will help me overcome this problem.

Please Please Help Me

saROMan

QA Juggler
bud u cant get a Scratch on video file..unless the file is on a CD :p ..any ways....try d/ling the file to ur hdd by copy paste..if it does not work..try by softs like Alcohol/CloneCD/ISObuster etc.......if all these fail then ur CD is unusable..u cant do any thing about it

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Well it seems you have never copied any video file to your hdd which already had some scratches on it, and let me tell you just by copying such a file to your hdd does not remove the scratch effect because due to scratch on the CD part of the file is not read properly by the CD -Rom drive and hence it copies the scratch effect with the video file on to your hdd ( although your hdd doesn't get any physical scratches )

And as I said, I need to know the solution for this, so stick to what is being asked, Please post relevant answers.

I need to know the workaround or a solution which will enable me to import the WHOLE video file into VirtualDub inspite of the minor scratch in it. The scratch is not big, its a minor scratch.

expertno.1

Technomancer
Tech&ME is right copying the dat file into hdd will not remove scratches from it !
i ahd also the same problem but i trued the following
but one thing i tel you that there us no way that virtual dub will read it !
follow these steps if you realy wanna virtual dub to use !:-

1)copy the file into hdd
2)get any good dat to avi converter
3)convert te file into avi
4)then open wit virtual dub
5)it will work fine !

one u can use is powervideo converter providd in the dvd

if not again post here

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
I will try your suggestion Mr. expertno.1 but i could not understand what you have written in your post very clearly, so please write in good english.

And guys please tell me solution MAN . We have experts here in this forum where are they ? Help ME !!

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
dude..........just visit the thread in my siggie...!!!

n ur not supposed to convert *.DAT to avi

*.DAT is just a container for mpeg1 for VCD formats.......it contains some other redundant data to along with the mpeg stream which has to b removed b4 conversion or else u get A/V sync errors

Download VCD Gear 3.56 Convert the *.dat to *.mpg (will take very less time)

this will make the file a bit smaller n correct mpeg errors...

then import the converted mpg into virtual dub n then encode using VP62 & DivX WMA Audio @ 64kbps!!!

saROMan

QA Juggler
Tech&ME said:
Well it seems you have never copied any video file to your hdd which already had some scratches on it, and let me tell you just by copying such a file to your hdd does not remove the scratch effect because due to scratch on the CD part of the file is not read properly by the CD -Rom drive and hence it copies the scratch effect with the video file on to your hdd ( although your hdd doesn't get any physical scratches )

And as I said, I need to know the solution for this, so stick to what is being asked, Please post relevant answers.

I need to know the workaround or a solution which will enable me to import the WHOLE video file into VirtualDub inspite of the minor scratch in it. The scratch is not big, its a minor scratch.

bud u cant get a Scratch on video file..unless the file is on a CD
This was a Joke ..i am sorry i thaught u will understand ..My fault ....

2nd when u get a Scratch it meens that the perticuler Area is Damaged...Till today there is no Fullproof Solution for this problem....

try d/ling the file to ur hdd by copy paste..if it does not work.
this was to check wethere the file is being copied to HDD or not....

try by softs like Alcohol/CloneCD/ISObuster etc

This was to give a solution for the Scratch...coz these softs can recover the data to some extent if possible...

if all these fail then ur CD is unusable..u cant do any thing about it
..well i dont think i can be More specific than that ......

All these Hassle was to recover the max from the dat file b4 loading to virtualdub..BTW virtualdub is not a Magic Soft that can reconstruct the Missing Portion from movie

I am a DUMB person :evil: so Please tell me what exactly u mean by so stick to what is being asked, Please post relevant answers

Thanks......

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
maverickrohan & expertno.1

No it seems my problem is not yet solved, i downloaded VCD Gear 3.56 and loaded the file for conversion, the new converted file ( .mpeg ) is created , but i am not able to play in on any player, Windows Media Player 10 refuses to play it saying codec not found. Then i tried to go to the WMPplugins.com and see if i get the codec but to my surprise the required codec is not available for FREE, they have the commercial version. Can you tell me from where can i download the required codecs ? Please help.

expertno.1

Technomancer
don't use vcd gear its not good and its bad !

oh try this out !

use isobuster to copy the dat file onto your harddisk

use power video converter provided in digit dvd to convert the dat file into avi

open with virtual dub

it works

i had made an attempt and it worked for me !

use power video converter !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom