Video Game music thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heidi2521

Padawan
What are your favourite music tracks from video games?

The music and sound design of video games can be one of the most important parts of the game. Post your favourite/best tracks here.

Edit: Can we limit ourselves to songs made for video games rather than posting licensed tracks from games like GTA/NFS/FIFA etc.

Some of my favourites(in no particular order):

I've limited myself to one track per franchise and have had to leave out many tracks from games like Alan Wake, The Witcher 2, The Last Story, Final Fantasy 1 - 6, Contra, Metal Gear etc. on a similar level due to video limit.

Last edited:

darkv0id

Journeyman
Build that Wall from Bastion is by far my favorite, with Icarus from Deus Ex:HR coming second.

The song's great on it's own, but to really appreciate it, you need to play the level in which the song plays.... never before have I seen a song which meshed so beautifully with a game that it almost feels a part of the gameplay itself.

EDIT: OH GOD how did I forget Nerevar Rising (the Main theme from Morrowind).....and I think many here who have played Skyrim will also recognize it.

Last edited:
OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
Build that Wall from Bastion is by far my favorite, with Icarus from Deus Ex:HR coming second.

The song's great on it's own, but to really appreciate it, you need to play the level in which the song plays.... never before have I seen a song which meshed so beautifully with a game that it almost feels a part of the gameplay itself.

Zulf's Theme is also pretty great.

The end theme is even better.

Hell, the entire Bastion Soundtrack is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom