VFM laptop below 40k

rishabh

Broken In

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

40k (can stretch it past 35k if necessary)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

preferably 14".'cos I find 15.6 very big

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

movies,music,internet browsing..continuous downloading..multitasking.
No gaming.

4) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

anything which is "not heavy" will do (does light=>sleek? ..I guess 14" will take care of it?)....
looking for something future proof,should run decently for 3-4 years .
Though I won't play games on it, i guess it's better to have atleast 1 gb graphics card.
Never used AMD,so no grudges.But prefer intel 3rd gen i series.

n3rd

In the zone
HP Pavilion G4-2049TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

Ci5 3rd gen (good for multitasking), Weight only 2.19 KG, decent graph (ATI 7670M) more than good enough for moderate gaming. Top VFM if you ask me, <40K.

tkin

Back to school!!
Even if you don't game, the specs(RAM, HDD etc) alone should be enough: HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

n3rd

In the zone
Even if you don't game, the specs(RAM, HDD etc) alone should be enough: HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

I wouldn't really recommend APU for non gaming laptops. And i5>APU10.

Too much RAM might prove to be unnecessary, looking at his requirements. 4GB should do good.

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
^^Real world performance difference is unoticeable by a normal user hence a10 is much better investment than i3 !
Moreover people underestimate it a lot :p
even i would sugest this lappy
HP PAVILLION G6 2313AX :)

n3rd

In the zone
^^Real world performance difference is unoticeable by a normal user hence a10 is much better investment than i3 !
Moreover people underestimate it a lot :p
even i would sugest this lappy
HP PAVILLION G6 2313AX :)

Dude we're talking of i5 not i3. And except HDD space there is no real pro (6 GB Ram is unnecessary for a 'normal user' too), and he also asked for something 'future proof' - if he is to run CPU intensive tasks, i5 still>A10. You can still upgrade RAM and HDD if you want to, but not processor. It's not that expensive over G6 either, and is lighter too.

ankitkr091

Broken In
Well if really want to buy a 14" lappy then hp g4 2049tx will be the best choice in the budget... else buy hp g6 2313ax...

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
^^The performance difference still ain't that much to allow Ci5 to be quite a bit more future proof than A10 moroever at 39k i really can't justify it being called the best vfm lappy as its not, and btw recent trend is favoring more threads over clock speed and this thing is only gonna be more n more in future so the single threaded IPC performance gain which intel boasts of will have lesser consequences on the real world performance of an application !

What i mean to say is by the time A10 starts giving up even the i5 wouldn't be doing very well, stuff gets outdated too fast, moreover in 1k less you get double hdd size 2gb more ram(whats the problem when you are getting 2 gb extra in less) , instead of spending on an hdd and ram afterwards its better to have it by default paying no extra money for it :)

tkin

Back to school!!
^^The performance difference still ain't that much to allow Ci5 to be quite a bit more future proof than A10 moroever at 39k i really can't justify it being called the best vfm lappy as its not, and btw recent trend is favoring more threads over clock speed and this thing is only gonna be more n more in future so the single threaded IPC performance gain which intel boasts of will have lesser consequences on the real world performance of an application !

What i mean to say is by the time A10 starts giving up even the i5 wouldn't be doing very well, stuff gets outdated too fast, moreover in 1k less you get double hdd size 2gb more ram(whats the problem when you are getting 2 gb extra in less) , instead of spending on an hdd and ram afterwards its better to have it by default paying no extra money for it :)
Well said.

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
Review isn't needed ^
both have hd 7670m gpu
so gaming performance would be almost identical !

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Is there a review of both the laptops on thinkdigit?
Or any where else except flipkart?

the review for g6-2313Ax will be up by another 2 weeks i guess as one of the members may buy this model..

Personal advice, for day to day use and not just gaming, the g6-2313ax will be a great choice and you will not have to pay for upgrading it later on as compared to the other g4 model that would surely need upgradation in a year or so..

tkin

Back to school!!
the review for g6-2313Ax will be up by another 2 weeks i guess as one of the members may buy this model..

Personal advice, for day to day use and not just gaming, the g6-2313ax will be a great choice and you will not have to pay for upgrading it later on as compared to the other g4 model that would surely need upgradation in a year or so..
About to order, have the card in hand, just looking into DX9 throttling issues :D :D

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@rishabh - why don't you put all your queries in a single thread ? Don't create multiple threads for similar proposes. I've closed your other threads.

n3rd

In the zone

We're talking between these two - and yes, there is a fairly significant difference when it comes to performance. I don't think AMD is poor, but Intel vs AMD for a non gaming laptop - personally it's a no brainier for me. And it weighs lighter too. As I said, for all your posting about difference being not noticeable (it is with heavy usage) the 6GB ram is, in most cases, quite unnecessary too. But IF he needs it, he can upgrade. Between the two laptops, for non gaming purposes, i5 is ahead. End of. If he feels the advantage is not good enough to pay just a few extra bucks, then fair enough. But I do.

And I'm someone who'd used AMD both in PC and Lappy in it's early days itself.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
If you need more storage space then take g6-2313Ax.If 500GB of storage and other specs of g4 2049tx is fine with you then take it since you prefer 14''.
As far as processing power is concerned i5 3210m is definitely a better all round processor,way ahead in single-threaded performance and is also significantly ahead in multi-threaded tasks for majority of things.
For a 15.6" laptop though g6-2313ax seems a good option for the things it provides.

Top Bottom