Using my own calculator instead of XP supplied

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
Hi,

I have designed my own calculator and i want to use it instead of Calculator which ships with XP version. So for this I overwritten calc.exe file in \windows\system32 folder with my calc.exe file, but i found, xp restores original file and i am unable to use my calculator.

Is there anyway by which i can use my own calculator so that when i press calc button on KEYBOARD, my calculator should be shown.

I have brief idea that MSI is restoring files. Is there anything to stop this or any other way to do this.

Thanks

redhat

Mad and Furious
rajesh_nk22 said:
Hi,

I have designed my own calculator and i want to use it instead of Calculator which ships with XP version. So for this I overwritten calc.exe file in \windows\system32 folder with my calc.exe file, but i found, xp restores original file and i am unable to use my calculator.

Is there anyway by which i can use my own calculator so that when i press calc button on KEYBOARD, my calculator should be shown.

I have brief idea that MSI is restoring files. Is there anything to stop this or any other way to do this.

Thanks

Configure the button shortcut
Check the manual that came with your keyboard. It will tell u which shortcut to use

OP
R

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
Hi Vishal Thanks for solution, but this solution was machine dependent. ie. it worked fine on my pc but on other pc with same version of XP, i couldnt find dllcache folder and hence i couldnt copy calc.exe file. what may the reason, why dllcache file not on that pc

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
"DLLcache" folder is always present in every windows XP. Its hidden, so double-check it. Type %windir%\System32\DLLcace in explorer address bar and check whether u get it or not.

One possibility is that, he has used the WFP Patcher in his comp or may be he is using pirated XP downloaded from net, coz in such editions WFP service is disabled by default. If WFP service is disabled, u can manually delete "DLLcache" folder. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom