Useful Freewares...

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Try Lightshot. It's a screen capture app, which replaces the default printscreen functionality with it's own, allowing control over the area to be captured, do a bit of editing like adding text and stuff, and then upload on their image sharing accounts(with imgur/others), to give you access to share the image with the URL to the image /save on the local computer. Much better that the PrintScrn > Open Paint > Paste > Save approach.

tkin

Back to school!!
Try Lightshot. It's a screen capture app, which replaces the default printscreen functionality with it's own, allowing control over the area to be captured, do a bit of editing like adding text and stuff, and then upload on their image sharing accounts(with imgur/others), to give you access to share the image with the URL to the image /save on the local computer. Much better that the PrintScrn > Open Paint > Paste > Save approach.

Snipping tool does all that, except the online upload part.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys do we have any kind of add in either in Chrome or Mozilla which will limit browsing internet at office preferably with password feature.
These days seem to waste lot of time at office browsing.

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys do we have any kind of add in either in Chrome or Mozilla which will limit browsing internet at office preferably with password feature.
These days seem to waste lot of time at office browsing.

*chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stayfocusd/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji?hl=en

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

It's very good apart from the fact the the link it provides is not fetched by

snap

Lurker
found out these freewares which finds the best dns servers for your location :

*code.google.com/p/namebench/

*www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

maybe someone should create a tutorial in the networking section for TDF explaining the benefits of changing their dns or i could post some links for those who don't want to search :D

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
It's very good apart from the fact the the link it provides is not fetched by tags.[/QUOTE]
One can always open the image and get the link to the image by right clicking the image, and copying the link location. IMO, it still saves the hassle of saving and uploading images on your account.

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
found out these freewares which finds the best dns servers for your location :

*code.google.com/p/namebench/

*www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

maybe someone should create a tutorial in the networking section for TDF explaining the benefits of changing their dns or i could post some links for those who don't want to search :D

I did start a thread i Networking section for people to post their namebench results. Sadly, no one did :(

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
One can always open the image and get the link to the image by right clicking the image, and copying the link location. IMO, it still saves the hassle of saving and uploading images on your account.

IIRC, it didn't give that option.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
dns benchmarking is of no use at least here in India.no matter what you use ping times will always be poor.only good choices are google dns & opendns(sometimes filter results).norton & comodo dns are more publicity tools for their security suites & not really needed if one is already using a good AV which is recommended anyway.

andy_65_in

Padawan
downloaded but did not install boostspeed-will it remove my logins id/password etc-some of my websites open automatically so far