USB Mass Storage File Copy Slowdown in Vista SP1 :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

Did anybody noticed that after upgrading to Vista SP1, overall file copy operations from hdd to hdd etc have been improved, but when you copy a bunch of files to a usb mass storage device like a pen drive, a memory card or an external usb hard disk, it takes a hell lot of time then windows xp. Even sometimes, copying only one file takes time.

Does anybody knows about any patches or workarounds available for this?

And plz only genuine replys, i dont want to know what you think of vista overall, i just want to find out solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Not really a patch or workaround as you have mentioned, but you can use Teracopy for this purpose.

axxo

99.9% Idle
well this issue is an inbuilt feature in vista..no patch for it yet..without which even a service pack has been released..too bad

clmlbx

Technomancer
I use tera copy too. It just fasten the speed from hdd to hdd........It does not affect the speed from cd ,pen drive to hdd...........

I well don't use vista....but If atleast 2(as replies) are experiencing improvement then there is some problem with u......first try with different pendrive and cd.......If it is with specific pen drive then it is ok but if u get problem with all devices and then try re-installing os and sp1 again......

wait for some more better reply or try this..........ur choice......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom