Urgent::System Crash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Guys...
I am getting the following message..... when ....i switch on my PC
Reboot and select proper boot device
or insert boot media in selected boot device.

In addition, i am unable to open c: from recovery conole.........I am getting the follwing messge.
Fixboot cannot find system drive,or the drive specified is not valid

Pls HElp ME!!
Thnsk in advance

I think the hdd has gone kaput. First check whether the hdd is properly detected by System BIOS. If it is then it can be a case of partition loss only, otherwise dude, you're out of luck, prepare to purchase a new one. If its partition loss, try various tools that are available both for free and the paid ones. I once lost my partitions while installing linux, i used the Ultimate Boot CD, it contains a utility called testtool which is a text ui based one, but works very nicely. :) Try and post here the results.

And yes do check the data and power cables of hdd also.

Last edited:

legolas

Padawan
What OS do you have? How many OS do you have? Are you sure your hard disk has no problems? If the answer to the last question is "yes", then, if you have vista, try this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60763&highlight=legolas

If you have XP, use the bootcfg command to fix your boot.ini entries.

However, since you say, you couldnt access C drive from recovery console, I am afraid, there are issues with your hardisk.

Clarify as to what happens.. There will be better suggestions if you could explain better after trying these i guess.

legolas

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Thnks for reply...........

Guys.....
I dont wht i did in the recovery console.......
i typed all the commond i knew.......and ...my system started running.........
Thnk God My Hd was not corrupted........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom