Urgent: Need to buy a Cell for 22k before 17th April. Need your guy's help :)

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
[EDIT]
Finally decided to wait till S3 is announced:
*crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s3-invite-examined-by-our-experts-and-readers-50007648/

Thanks everyone for their suggestions:)

Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 22-23K. Well actually my pocket won't let me buy anything more than 20k. But I have got a 10% off coupon in eBay and will be using that :)
So anything of that range would cost me 20k :p

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Should be good looking. I like the Xperia series look. Stands apart from the crowd.

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Anything

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Will try to avoid Samsung. Why?
Because I bought Samsung Wave and it malfunctioned after 13 months. Repairing would cost 8k.
I have heard Nokia's built quality is good. I have no Idea about HTC. And before Wave, I used SE mobile ( W810i ) for 4 years. Worked flawlessly.
But I don't know if SE makes phone that good anymore or not.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: 5MP minimum, but 8 MP preferred. 720p Video recording would be enough.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Windows or Android. If it is Windows, it should have a chance to get Windows 8 when it is released. i.e. It should be a top of the line kinda cell. If it's android , then ICS is must.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Wifi and 3g Must.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, internet and daily usage. I message a lot so it should be easier to type on.
WP doesn't have Swype I guess, so is there any alternative available?

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: It should last for 2 years at least. So a bit future proof. So I guess I should invest in Dual core?

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: I am kinda noob on the cell scenario now, so please help me.Models I have considered :

1) Nokia Lumia 800
The phone I initially intended to buy.It's got a killer look and Fluid UI. But
-> It's on Windows Platform. The future and support are not that strong as Android.
-> No Swype
-> Single Core processor. Not sure if it will last for the future .
-> No front Cam

2) HTC sensation:
Looks good and has good specs. But will it get ICS update? Future proof?

3) SE Experia Arc S
Killer looks and good specs. But will it get ICS update? Future proof?

4) HTC One V
Latest one in the market. Cheap and and comes with ICS out of the box. But Weaker specs.

Now please suggest , if any better alternative is present in the price range.

Will it be wise to save up now and buy Galaxy S3? Are next gen cell coming very soon (like in 1-2 months)and it would be better that I wait?

I have only till 17th April to use the coupon so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
either go for 1 or 2. in case you want one with a keyboard, Xperia Pro. it retails for only 20k so you may find it for 17-18k at ebay.

In my opinion both Nokia and SonyE are dying slow death, so support might be a question. All other doubt about your choice 1 are not worth considering. swype, front cam etc arent of much use anyway. Android is much better than windows OS IMO.

Consider Motorola also if support is not very important to you. They have some killer phones. LG optimus could be a good option too. Look gsmarena.com if you do not know that site already.

ajaymailed

In the zone
HTC Sensation is a good option except for low battery life. Motorola Atrix 2 is availaible at flipkart for 23K, on paper the specs seem good.

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
In my opinion both Nokia and SonyE are dying slow death, so support might be a question. All other doubt about your choice 1 are not worth considering. swype, front cam etc arent of much use anyway. Android is much better than windows OS IMO.

I was addicted to Swype. i agree front can was Meh , but Swype!! Can't live without it :(

Umm..i know this is not what I wrote.But since I already have PS3 , is cutting and selling my arm for this deal worth it:
*www.ebay.in/i...9#ht_2903wt_905

I would get it for 28.7k .

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Consider Motorola also if support is not very important to you. They have some killer phones. LG optimus could be a good option too. Look gsmarena.com if you do not know that site already.

Sony no ways...IMO Sony has better phones than Samsung

bhaskar

Broken In
I too have that discount coupon :lol:... there is nothing to hurry... i get such coupons every week (5%, 10% etc)....

Anyways if want to buy within 17th Apr then i think the Xperia Arc S will be a good choice. Its available at around 22k in ebay.. Not sure whether its Dealer warranty or manufacture. Contact the seller before buying.

If you can spend some 3k more then you can even get Samsung Galaxy S2 at around 23.7k (after your 10% discount coupon) here.

I will wait till the Xperia P is launched and then will wait for ebay to give me discount coupon again :-D....

HTC Sensation is good mobile and will get ICS. Samsung Galaxy SII is better(Get it if you can).

Arc S does not have front camera. Please specify if front camera is a must as 3G doesn't mean phone will have front camera.

ajaymailed

In the zone
Xperia Arc S.
1- Single core scorpion, Adreno 205
2- 512 MB RAM
3- No Front Cam.

It could well be the costliest single core android availaible in the market.

for two thousand more and you can get a Galaxy R or Sensation or Even Atrix 2.
all of them have got dual core CPUs, better GPUs and more than 512 MB RAM.

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
[EDIT]: ignore please

Isn't this a better offer than this.

The first one has manufacturer's warranty and free stuff . The 2nd one has only Dealer's warranty and no free stuff. Still I see that the 2nd listing has 30 models sold, and the 1st one has only 2. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Ok, for around 20K budget, the phones to consider are HTC Sensation, LG Optimus Black/2x and Samsung Galaxy R. Out of these, i would recommend to go for either Sensation or Galaxy R because of their almost-high end specs. Both phones will get Ice Cream Sandwich update.

Experia Arc S has same hardware as Lumia 800, so your problems apply here also.

HTC Sensation is going to turn out to be more future proof than any other phone because of it's feature, large screen, new updates, front cam, 1080p recording, dual core 1.2 GHz processor, and 1GB ram. What more can you expect?

ajaymailed

In the zone
HTC Sensation is going to turn out to be more future proof than any other phone because of it's feature, large screen, new updates, front cam, 1080p recording, dual core 1.2 GHz processor, and 1GB ram. What more can you expect?
adding higher capacity battery to sensation will make it attractive. may be one has to replace the back cover but then if the phone can last more than a day it will gr8.

rickson23

The Pirate King
1.SONY XPERIA SOLA - NO SECONDARY CAM,BUT COMES WITH ICS
If u realize it is very rare we use video calling
2.MOTO ATRIX 2- Not sure about customer support but this phone packs 8mp cam and 1ghz dual core with 1GB ram..gets ICS too.price is 22k

aroraanant

Explorer
Sensation is a better option according to me and also its confirmed by HTC that it will get the ICS update and the build quality as well as the looks of this phone is very good.You gonna surely find it better than Arc S, and One V is good for people with a budget of 18k.
And I think its not such a good idea to compare android and windows phones otherwise Lumia is ok

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Last day..Should I buy Xperia S ?
I'm in love with its looks ..My only doubt is that Is it VFM (I will get for 29k) an will it be future proof for next 2 - 2.5 years!
I know Quad cores are coming soon , but won't dual core be enough for the next few years. Or should I wait for Quad core phones ?

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Last day..Should I buy Xperia S ?
I'm in love with its looks ..My only doubt is that Is it VFM (I will get for 29k) an will it be future proof for next 2 - 2.5 years!
I know Quad cores are coming soon , but won't dual core be enough for the next few years. Or should I wait for Quad core phones ?

Experia S in not a good value for money. It's harware is pretty much same as those of Galaxy S2 and Sensation, but with a higher price tag just because it's new and has some good looks. If you crave the looks, and you can afford it, go for it. Even i am making my sister buy Experia S today just because she likes it's looks.

Top Bottom