Urgent: Laptop query

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Like many other forum users who made query regarding laptops, I (too) am going to buy a laptop and have a small query. Please tell which one would be better for everyday use in home and programming : one with Intel dual core 2GHz and 2GB ram or Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz with 1GB RAM? provided both are having almost similar config and same pric

din

Tribal Boy
More RAM = Always good, especially RAM prices are low nowadays.

Either go for the 2GB RAM laptop or go for 1 GB one and upgrade RAM.

Bandu

Journeyman
Its not a small query. Its the only query :).

You will have to find the best match. Since you will be using it for programming, you might want to look for a better (and bigger) keyboard layout - which then eliminates the netbooks and smaller < 13.3" ones. As far as processor goes, a C2D should be enough. Depending on your programming needs (database, webserver, etc.), you might need more RAM though. Depending on your home needs (movies, hi-def), you might need better graphics as well.

Which ones have you looked at already? Whats your budget?

Since you already mentioned about *home*, why not look for a complete desktop solution instead of a laptop? That way, you have more options and much better performance.

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Getting a lenovo one(don't know the model number) with Core2Duo 2GHz, 160GB HD, 1GB RAM, 4USB ports, Wifi,bluetooth(etc, other features aren't much important to me) for Rs. 36800.
A little portability is also required so going for a laptop to replace existing desktop. Home use to me means mostly playing some music, movies I don't watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom