Urgent Hidden Folder Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

arfakchoudhury

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I have a major problem with a software i downloaded to hide important documents, the software is - 'secrecy file and folder hider', i downloaded it from - link snipped, now my problem is that i used the software to hide one of my very important folders, and now i can't unhide the folder, i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but that hasn't helped. Now i have removed the software completely from my system but the folder still remains invisible. Please provide a solution, i am desperately in need of help.
My PC configuration is - P IV, Windows XP SP2,
Intel 845 mainboard,
80 GB & 40 GB hardrives,
512 MB RAM, DVD-CDRW combo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
CAUTION! The link provided in the above post is a spyware site. Moderators, please remove the link. If anyone has already accessed the link, then scan your PC with a Antispyware software immediately.

Hi,
I have a major problem with a software i downloaded to hide important documents, the software is - 'secrecy file and folder hider', i downloaded it from - [Edited-Malware], now my problem is that i used the software to hide one of my very important folders, and now i can't unhide the folder, i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but that hasn't helped. Now i have removed the software completely from my system but the folder still remains invisible. Please provide a solution, i am desperately in need of help.
My PC configuration is - P IV, Windows XP SP2,
Intel 845 mainboard,
80 GB & 40 GB hardrives,
512 MB RAM, DVD-CDRW combo.

Hope you got the answer. The website itself is malware orientied, forget about integrity of the downloaded application. First of all scan ur PC with Spybot-S & D in safe mode to avoid further damage to your system.

OP
arfakchoudhury

arfakchoudhury

Right off the assembly line
Thanx all 4 ur answers.
Is there any way I can recover the files in the folder that the software(malware) had hidden. Plz help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom