Urgent help from all the members needed

Anandparker

Broken In
Guys whenever I turn off my monitor, and turn on again after a few minutes, there's no signal in the monitor. And also whenever I turn off the monitor, there's a sound similar to the one whenever we used to plug out or plug in a device. This problem is happening to me since the last 3 days. I check the dvi cable and change it but still the problem persists. And if I want to see the display,all I have to do is plug out the dvi cable either from the display card or from the monitor.

And also this problem happens now when I installed the display driver but there's not a single problem before if the driver is installed, I already tried installing the previous drivers and also the latest one b ut still the problem is there. I am using a Radeon HD 6870 graphics card and a Samsung Syncmaster B2230 Monitor. So anybody faced this problem before please help me. I don't know what to do.

Krow

Crowman
Try removing display driver with Driver sweeper software and reinstalling. Do you have a motherboard with onboard graphics? If yes, then see if this problem persists when you connect monitor to motherboard graphics.

And please don't post in bold or italics unless necessary. We can all read with normal fonts too. Thanks. :)

OP
A

Anandparker

Broken In
I did everything even I formated a few hours ago but just after I installed the driver the problem happens and also this problem starts just as soon as the logon screen appears, before the logon screen appears there's no problem

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well, did you try latest and updated drivers? Update everything from mobo to graphic card.

Also make sure the Operating System has latest Service Pack Installed

OP
A

Anandparker

Broken In
Yes I did but still the problem is there
and whenever I turn off the monitor using the monitor power button, there's a sound coming just like the one when we safely remove a pen drive or a device. And the next time when I switch on, then the problem occurs
Is it due to the display output pin in the display card or the input jack of the monitor?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Well, just a suggestion: try to run your PC with minimal config. If that doesn't solve your problem, reset bios settings using jumper. As you are saying you can hear hardware removal sound upon turning on the monitor, I'm guessing its a problem related to DVI port.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^as he is not having the problem before logging in to OS,so the problem is with the OS only.OP if nothing works and before trying anything with the hardware diagnostics just reinstall your OS.
Just check whether you face the problem in safe mode or not?

OP
A

Anandparker

Broken In
There's no problem in safe mode and also there's not a single problem in windows vista in the normal mode, with the display driver installed. I installed the windows 7 several times with sp 1 also but still it's not solved

sukesh1090

Adam young
just install the 11.7 driver if you had installed 11.8.or you can also install 11.6 and check after clean OS install.
in 11.8 catalyst I myself found some problems like the catalyst manager doesn't close after driver install and says not responding.some times monitor gets blurred.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
There's no problem in safe mode and also there's not a single problem in windows vista in the normal mode, with the display driver installed. I installed the windows 7 several times with sp 1 also but still it's not solved

Oh, then degrade driver as sukesh1090have already said. If that didn't work, perform a clean installation of win 7.

OP
A

Anandparker

Broken In
I did everything even the downgrading of drivers and even formated an did a clean installation of win 7 but it doesn't solve the problem. But this problem doesn't happen in windows vista.
So any idea?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Long time since I've posted but I do recall having a problem like this but that was related toHDMI . Anyway I ended getting a different cable for my monitor. Please note I'm a user of two monitors so my issue might definitely not be related to yours but Ill give you the thread I followed for various stuff to try out.

Technet

Cheers.

PS : I will not be responsible if you happen to smoke your system or set your hair on fire if you plan on doing the rewiring trick.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Long time since I've posted but I do recall having a problem like this but that was related toHDMI . Anyway I ended getting a different cable for my monitor. Please note I'm a user of two monitors so my issue might definitely not be related to yours but Ill give you the thread I followed for various stuff to try out.

Technet

Cheers.

PS : I will not be responsible if you happen to smoke your system or set your hair on fire if you plan on doing the rewiring trick.

WOW. after a looooooong time you are online. welcome back :)

I did everything even the downgrading of drivers and even formated an did a clean installation of win 7 but it doesn't solve the problem. But this problem doesn't happen in windows vista.
So any idea?

ok, after you install Win7, do you directly install the Catalyst drivers? if yes, next time let Windows Update check for drivers & install the package it recommends. check if problem is there.

OP
A

Anandparker

Broken In
Guys the same problem happens in windows xp x64 also, I guess this is the problem of my graphics card as there's no problem in windows 7 x64 before nd this happens onloy before a few weeks only
I brought this graphics card only 2 months ago (AMD Radeon 6870), so is there any service center of AMD graphics card in Delhi? Had any idea?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Check AMD's website or ask the shopkeeper from whom you have bought that card(i.e. 6870).

Top Bottom